- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
Types of Wireless and Mobile Device Attacks
With the widespread usage of cellphones, smishing has grown more prevalent. Short Message Service (SMS) is used by SMiShing to transmit fraudulent text messages or links. By calling, the crooks deceive the user. Victims may provide sensitive information like credit card numbers, account numbers, and so on. When a user visits a website, he or she may unwittingly download malware that infects the device.
War driving is a method employed by attackers to locate entrance points wherever they are. They may drive about and acquire a massive quantity of information in a short period of time because of the availability of free Wi-Fi.
WEP is a security standard that attempts to offer the same level of protection for a wireless local area network as it does for a wired LAN. WEP aims to offer comparable protection for data transferred through WLAN using encryption, as physical security measures assist to secure a wired LAN.
WEP encrypts data with a key. With Wired Equivalent Privacy, there is no provision for key management, therefore the number of persons sharing the key will continue to rise. The criminal has access to a big volume of traffic for analytic assaults because everyone is using the same key.
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and subsequently WPA2 were developed to replace WEP as better technologies. Because an attacker cannot recover the key by observing traffic, WPA2 does not have the same encryption issues. Because cyber thieves may examine the packets sent between the access point and an authorized user, WPA2 is vulnerable to attack.
Bluetooth is a high-speed, short-range wireless technology that allows data to be exchanged between desktop and mobile computers and other devices.
An attacker spies on information being transmitted between a sender and a recipient in a replay attack. Once the attacker has spied on the data, he or she can intercept it and retransmit it, causing data transmission to be delayed. Playback assault is another name for it.
When an attacker steals the victim's information from his device, this is known as bluesnarfing. An attacker can gain access to a user's calendar, contact list, e-mail, and SMS messages without leaving any trace of the intrusion.
Electromagnetic and radio-frequency interference can interfere with wireless transmissions. Radio Frequency (RF) jamming distorts a satellite station's broadcast, preventing the signal from reaching the receiving station.
- Related Articles
- Types of Wireless/Mobile Computing Technologies
- Types of Email Attacks
- Attacks against 3G mobile networks
- Explain the different types of Phishing Attacks?
- Explain different types of Social Engineering Attacks?
- Types of Mobile Wallets and Leaders in India
- What are the mobile device authentication actions?
- Social Engineering Attacks: Common Types and How to Prevent Them
- What are the types of Security Attacks on RFID Systems?
- What are the types of attacks on Biometric devices in information security?
- What are the types of Cryptanalysis Attacks on AES in information security?
- What are the different types of Mobile Operating Systems?
- Wireless LAN and IEEE 802.11
- Wireless Transmission