- Touring Car Racing Tutorial
- Touring Car Racing - Home
- Touring Car Racing - Overview
- Touring Car Racing - Types
- Touring Car Racing - Equipment
- Touring Car Racing - How to Start?
- Championships & Champions
- Touring Car Racing Resources
- Touring Car Racing - Quick Guide
- Touring Car Racing - Resources
- Touring Car Racing - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Touring Car Racing - Equipment
While preparing for the first race, the basic tools required is the race kit. It consists of helmet, gloves, firearm suit and racing boots.
Helmet − It was precisely designed for automobile racing. It is round in shape, made of carbon fibre, Kevlar, or fiberglass shell, which is aligned with energy sucking foam and Nomex padding.
Head Sock − It is also referred to as balaclava. It is made of Nomex and worn before wearing the helmet.
Gloves − They are made of Nomex and leather to protect the rider’s hand and ensure proper grip.
Firearm Suit − It is a one-piece uniform, which is fire resistant. It should have the ability to ensure exposure to direct flame and heat before the driver suffers from second degree burns.
Driving Shoes − It should have a layer of leather or suede from the outside and a layer of Nomex from the inside. Drivers should also wear fireproof socks.