- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Top 25+ PMP Exam Questions
PMP certification is unquestionably the industry trend of the future. We predict that the need for PMP specialists will not diminish soon. They are constantly in demand, regardless of the industry. Therefore, the training is appropriate for your current and future employment.
For those new to PMP, let's review the ideas and wage trends that will help you determine why you should take and pass the PMP certification.
What does PMP certification mean?
A project manager's well-known and prestigious professional certification is Project Management Professional (PMP). The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a non-profit professional organization based in the United States that offers this certification.
This well-known accreditation is required for people who want to grow in their careers and have a bright future. Cash flow is an essential aspect of becoming a qualified PMP practitioner. Certified project managers earn much more than the industry average.
This has regularly been the highest-paid IT certification and will continue to rise shortly. Accreditation also enhances job stability. During downtime, some businesses appreciate the critical capabilities developed through PMP. As a result, the certificate is more effective than a non-certified one in combating a prospective layoff.
Check out the top 25+ PMP Exam Questions below! Look for the bolded ones if you'd like to know the answers!
1. A project has a 60% probability of making $100,000 and a 40% risk of losing $100,000. The project's expected monetary value is −
$ 20,000 profit (A)
2. Management and the engineering head debate a big work package adjustment. Following the discussion, the manager calls you and instructs you to submit the necessary papers to effect the change. Here's an example −
Strategic management planning
A change management system
Management focuses on scope management
A project expediter position (A)
3. Which of the following cannot be included in Group creativity techniques?
Vendor Bid Analysis (A)
Nominal group technique
4. What exactly is a program?
A grouping of subprojects with an everyday consumer
A collection of initiatives that share resources (A)
A group of sub-projects with a shared aim
A vast and complicated project
5. The project's approved deadline is approaching. However, the project manager discovers that only 75% of the work has been finished. Following that, the project manager submits a change request. What should the change request authorize?
Added resources from the contingency fund
Approval for escalation to utilize contingency funding
To reach the deadline, the team worked extra hours.
Cause-based corrective action (A)
6. You are a new project manager with no prior project management experience. In this case, relying on ____ while planning to increase your chances of success would be advisable.
Historical details (A)
Analysis of stakeholders
Your experience and instincts
7. Which of the following is a model of sensitivity analysis?
Tornado diagram (A)
Data flow diagram
8. What role does a Pareto Chart play in a project with several action items?
Recognize the deviations' trend
Complete all tasks on time
Determine the root reasons
9. The project manager interacts with the project team to go through previous projects' lessons learned. What activity does the team participate in?
Risk identification (A)
Project team status meeting
10.A decision to transfer risk is taken during which risk management process?
Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
Plan Risk Response (A)
Monitor and Control Risks
11.What exactly is meant by RACI?
Responsible, Accountable, Confirm, Inform
Recommended, Accountable, Consulted, and Inform
Responsible, Accountant, Consulted, Inform
Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Inform (A)
12. Except for __________, all of the following should be included in a resource management plan −
Roles and responsibilities (A)
13. The person or group in charge of providing resources and assistance for the project, program, or portfolio as well as ensuring success is known as −
14.What exactly is the project scope?
It is the sum of the cost and the timeline necessary to accomplish the project.
It is a description of the work that is required to finish the project. (A)
The experiment design is employed to finish the project job.
It describes the effort and resources necessary to finish the project.
15.Which of the following is correct about the project life cycle?
16.According to McGreger's Theory X, which of the following is not true?
Employees want to be instructed
Employees avoid going to work
Employees are egocentric
Employees are self-motivated (A)
17.You are having difficulty determining the actual cost-effectiveness of risk. You should analyze based on the following −
Qualitative basis (A)
18.What exactly is portfolio management?
Project decision-making (A)
The centralized administration of one or more portfolios to fulfill strategic goals
Managing the project file's numerous contents
Managing the levels of financial power to assist
19.A project manager is estimating the risk of her project. In this process, she needs professional advice, and these specialists are dispersed across the country. How can she go on?
Identify alternatives for required remedial action.
Online Monte Carlo analysis
Using the Delphi technique (A)
Making use of the critical path technique
20.What is the function of the change management board?
Evaluating the change's impact on project objectives (A)
Defining customer requirements
Conducting performance evaluations for team members participating in change implementation.
Encouraging team members to submit further change requests
21.Risk management always includes the following inputs EXCEPT −
Structure of work breakdowns
Project status reports (A)
22.A project manager is in the process of submitting a proposal request (RFP). At what stage of the procurement process are they?
Plan procurements (A)
23.Which of the following is shown by a resource histogram but not by a responsibility assignment matrix?
Tasks delegated to
24.Which of the following is a sample of requirements that must be met before deliverables are accepted?
Acceptance criteria (A)
25.Douglas McGregor defined two models of worker behavior in which theory?
Theory X and Theory Y (A)
26.For a small yet highly technical project, the optimal project organization structure will be as follows −
Functional organization (A)
27.What is the appropriate range for estimating realistic activity costs?
Level of accuracy (A)
Cost management plan
Level of precision
Units of measure
We hope you found this PMP exam question blog to be helpful. The questions you studied in this PMP blog are the most frequently asked questions on the PMP Certification exam. Other textbooks can be used to create a complete test preparation strategy.
- Related Articles
- Top Topics to Success in PMP Exam
- PMP Exam Preparation-Prerequisites and Syllabus
- Roadmap to Crack PMP® Certification Exam
- How Mock Tests Help You Pass the PMP Exam?
- How to Manage Your Time During the PMP® Exam?
- Top DevOps Interview Questions
- Top Splunk Interview Questions
- Top Kubernetes Interview questions
- Top Ways to Prepare for PMP Credential Examination
- Top QA Interview Questions & Answers
- Top Interview Questions on Terraform
- Top Computer Network Interview Questions
- Top Network Security Interview Questions
- Top Splunk Amin Interview Questions
- Top Software Testing Interview Questions & Answers