Top 25+ PMP Exam Questions

PMP certification is unquestionably the industry trend of the future. We predict that the need for PMP specialists will not diminish soon. They are constantly in demand, regardless of the industry. Therefore, the training is appropriate for your current and future employment.

For those new to PMP, let's review the ideas and wage trends that will help you determine why you should take and pass the PMP certification.

What does PMP certification mean?

A project manager's well-known and prestigious professional certification is Project Management Professional (PMP). The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a non-profit professional organization based in the United States that offers this certification.

This well-known accreditation is required for people who want to grow in their careers and have a bright future. Cash flow is an essential aspect of becoming a qualified PMP practitioner. Certified project managers earn much more than the industry average.

This has regularly been the highest-paid IT certification and will continue to rise shortly. Accreditation also enhances job stability. During downtime, some businesses appreciate the critical capabilities developed through PMP. As a result, the certificate is more effective than a non-certified one in combating a prospective layoff.

Check out the top 25+ PMP Exam Questions below! Look for the bolded ones if you'd like to know the answers!

1. A project has a 60% probability of making $100,000 and a 40% risk of losing $100,000. The project's expected monetary value is −

  • $90,000 profit

  • $60,000 loss

  • $ 20,000 profit (A)

  • $50,000 loss

2. Management and the engineering head debate a big work package adjustment. Following the discussion, the manager calls you and instructs you to submit the necessary papers to effect the change. Here's an example −

  • Strategic management planning

  • A change management system

  • Management focuses on scope management

  • A project expediter position (A)

3. Which of the following cannot be included in Group creativity techniques?

  • Affinity diagram

  • Vendor Bid Analysis (A)

  • Nominal group technique

  • Brainstorming

4. What exactly is a program?

  • A grouping of subprojects with an everyday consumer

  • A collection of initiatives that share resources (A)

  • A group of sub-projects with a shared aim

  • A vast and complicated project

5. The project's approved deadline is approaching. However, the project manager discovers that only 75% of the work has been finished. Following that, the project manager submits a change request. What should the change request authorize?

  • Added resources from the contingency fund

  • Approval for escalation to utilize contingency funding

  • To reach the deadline, the team worked extra hours.

  • Cause-based corrective action (A)

6. You are a new project manager with no prior project management experience. In this case, relying on ____ while planning to increase your chances of success would be advisable.

  • Historical details (A)

  • Analysis of stakeholders

  • Configuration administration

  • Your experience and instincts

7. Which of the following is a model of sensitivity analysis?

  • Tornado diagram (A)

  • Data flow diagram

  • Sensitivity diagram

  • Decision tree

8. What role does a Pareto Chart play in a project with several action items?

  • Recognize the deviations' trend

  • Prioritization (A)

  • Complete all tasks on time

  • Determine the root reasons

9. The project manager interacts with the project team to go through previous projects' lessons learned. What activity does the team participate in?

  • Performance management

  • Scope identification

  • Risk identification (A)

  • Project team status meeting

10.A decision to transfer risk is taken during which risk management process?

  • Identify Risks

  • Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis

  • Plan Risk Response (A)

  • Monitor and Control Risks

11.What exactly is meant by RACI?

  • Responsible, Accountable, Confirm, Inform

  • Recommended, Accountable, Consulted, and Inform

  • Responsible, Accountant, Consulted, Inform

  • Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Inform (A)

12. Except for __________, all of the following should be included in a resource management plan −

  • Identifying Resources

  • Project connections

  • Acquiring resources

  • Roles and responsibilities (A)

13. The person or group in charge of providing resources and assistance for the project, program, or portfolio as well as ensuring success is known as −

  • Sponsor (A)

  • The client

  • Top management

  • Project supervisor

14.What exactly is the project scope?

  • It is the sum of the cost and the timeline necessary to accomplish the project.

  • It is a description of the work that is required to finish the project. (A)

  • The experiment design is employed to finish the project job.

  • It describes the effort and resources necessary to finish the project.

15.Which of the following is correct about the project life cycle?

  • Milestones

  • Phases (A)

  • Estimates

  • Activities

16.According to McGreger's Theory X, which of the following is not true?

  • Employees want to be instructed

  • Employees avoid going to work

  • Employees are egocentric

  • Employees are self-motivated (A)

17.You are having difficulty determining the actual cost-effectiveness of risk. You should analyze based on the following −

  • Numerical basis

  • Quantitative basis

  • Economic basis

  • Qualitative basis (A)

18.What exactly is portfolio management?

  • Project decision-making (A)

  • The centralized administration of one or more portfolios to fulfill strategic goals

  • Managing the project file's numerous contents

  • Managing the levels of financial power to assist

19.A project manager is estimating the risk of her project. In this process, she needs professional advice, and these specialists are dispersed across the country. How can she go on?

  • Identify alternatives for required remedial action.

  • Online Monte Carlo analysis

  • Using the Delphi technique (A)

  • Making use of the critical path technique

20.What is the function of the change management board?

  • Evaluating the change's impact on project objectives (A)

  • Defining customer requirements

  • Conducting performance evaluations for team members participating in change implementation.

  • Encouraging team members to submit further change requests

21.Risk management always includes the following inputs EXCEPT −

  • Historical details

  • Knowledge gained

  • Structure of work breakdowns

  • Project status reports (A)

22.A project manager is in the process of submitting a proposal request (RFP). At what stage of the procurement process are they?

  • Control procurements

  • Close procurements

  • Plan procurements (A)

  • Conduct procurements

23.Which of the following is shown by a resource histogram but not by a responsibility assignment matrix?

  • Interdependence

  • Time (A)

  • Extracurricular Activities

  • Tasks delegated to

24.Which of the following is a sample of requirements that must be met before deliverables are accepted?

  • Deliverables list

  • Test plan

  • Acceptance criteria (A)

  • Punch list

25.Douglas McGregor defined two models of worker behavior in which theory?

  • Expectancy theory

  • Theory Z

  • Theory X and Theory Y (A)

  • Contingency theory

26.For a small yet highly technical project, the optimal project organization structure will be as follows −

  • Mixed organization

  • Functional organization (A)

  • Matrix organization

  • projectized organization

27.What is the appropriate range for estimating realistic activity costs?

  • Level of accuracy (A)

  • Cost management plan

  • Level of precision

  • Units of measure

We hope you found this PMP exam question blog to be helpful. The questions you studied in this PMP blog are the most frequently asked questions on the PMP Certification exam. Other textbooks can be used to create a complete test preparation strategy.