- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Selenium Exception Error - Element is not clickable at point (x,y). Other element would receive the click
We may encounter the Selenium Exception Error - Element is not clickable at point(x,y). Other element would receive the click while working Selenium webdriver.
This is normally seen while executing Selenium tests from the Chrome browser and not with other browsers like IE and Firefox. This happens because the Chrome browser could not compute the correct location of a webelement.
Besides, in the Chrome browser, an element is clicked in its middle position. This exception can also be encountered owing to synchronization issues happening between the application and Selenium.
There exists some solutions to fix this issue as listed below −
We should ensure that we are using the latest version of the chromedriver and it is compatible with the Chrome browser version we have in our local system.
Obtain the coordinates of a webelement and then perform click on it using methods in Actions class.
WebElement elm = driver.findElement(By.tagName("input")); //instance of Point class Point location = elm.getLocation(); //get x, y coordinates int m = location.getX(); int n = location.getY(); //instance of Actions class Actions a = new Actions(driver); a.moveToElement(elm,m,n).click().build().perform();
Syntax to get x-coordinate −
Syntax to get y-coordinate −
- Selenium - Element is not clickable at point
- Getting this error: "Element is not clickable at point"
- Check that the element is clickable or not in Selenium WebDriver
- How to resolve exception Element Not Interactable Exception in Selenium?
- Find and click element by title Python Selenium.
- How to click on hidden element in Selenium WebDriver?
- Which exception is raised when an element is not found in an HTML DOM using XPath in Selenium?
- How to perform double click on an element in Selenium?
- How do you click on an element which is hidden using Selenium WebDriver?
- How to Resolve Stale Element Reference Exception in Selenium WebDriver?
- What is Stale Element Reference Exception in Selenium Webdriver & How To Fix It?
- How to perform double click on an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform right click on an element in Selenium with python?
- How to perform right click on an element with Actions in Selenium?