- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Select all text in a Text widget using Python 3 with tkinter
Tkinter text widgets are used for creating text fields that contain multiline user input. It has many inbuilt functions and methods which can be invoked to perform certain operations on text widgets. In contrast, let us assume that we have written a bunch of context in the text widget and if we want to select all the text, then we can use tag_add(tag, range) to select the text and add tag and tag_configure(tag, options) to style the tag property.
#Import tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() #Set the geometry win.geometry("750x200") def select_text(): text.tag_add("start", "1.0","end") text.tag_configure("start",background="black", foreground= "white") #Create a Text Widget text= Text(win) text.insert(INSERT, "Python is an interpreted, high-level and generalpurpose programming language. Python's design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant indentation") text.pack() #Create a button to select all the text in the text widget button= Button(win, text= "Select", background= "gray71", command=select_text) button.pack(pady=20, side= TOP) win.mainloop()
Executing the above code will display a window with a button "Select" which can be used to select all the content written in the text widget.
Now, click the "Select" button to select all the text in the widget.
- How to highlight text in a tkinter Text widget?
- Underline Text in Tkinter Label widget
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- Printing a list to a Tkinter Text widget
- Add advanced features to a tkinter Text widget
- Get the text of a button widget in Tkinter
- How to create hyperlink in a Tkinter Text widget?
- Undo and redo features in a Tkinter Text widget
- How do I give focus to a python Tkinter text widget?
- How to erase everything from a Tkinter text widget?
- How to take input in a text widget and display the text in tkinter?
- How to get the current length of the Text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to attach a vertical scrollbar in Tkinter text widget?
- Python Tkinter – How to display a table editor in a text widget?
- How to attach a Scrollbar to a Text widget in Tkinter?