- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Postman with Newman & Jenkins
We can integrate Postman with Newman and Jenkins. Newman is used to verify and execute a Collection. To integrate Newman and Jenkins, we have to follow the below steps −
Step1 − We have to complete the installation and configuration of Jenkins. The steps to perform this task is discussed in details in the below link −
Step2 − We have to install npm and Nodejs. For installation of Nodejs can be done from the below link −
Step3 − The npm is allocated with Nodejs so once we download the Nodejs, the npm gets downloaded automatically.
Step4 − We have to install Newman with the help of the command: npm install -g newman.
Step5 − Open Terminal, navigate to the directory where the Collection is stored. Then run the command: newman run <"file name">. (The file name should always be in inverted quotes).
Step6 − Once Jenkins is up and running, it provides an interface: https://localhost:8080. Then click on New Item in the top left corner of the Postman application.
Step7 − Choose the option Freestyle Project, enter a project name then click on the OK button.
Step8 − Click on the Source Code Management tab and move to the Build section. Select the option Execute shell from the Add build step up dropdown.
Step9 − Add the below command in the Execute Shell edit box under the Build tab.
newman run <file name> --supress-exit-code 1
The exit code means that Newman execution shall get stopped if any errors are encountered. Finally click on Save.
Step10 − Click on Build Now from the left of the Jenkins application.
Step11 − After the Build has completed, click on the Console Output link in the sidebar from the Build details screen to get the details of the Newman output.
- Related Articles
- How to Generate Newman Reports on Jenkins using Postman?
- How to Run Postman Collection on Jenkins using Newman Commands?
- How to Generate CLI & JUNIT Newman report on Jenkins using Postman?
- How to Specify the Path to save Newman report on Jenkins using Postman?
- Run Postman Collection on Jenkins
- What is Newman in Postman?
- Newman Optional Parameters & Configurations using Postman
- Setting test iterations using Newman (Postman)
- What are different Parameters available in Newman using Postman?
- Running the collection using Newman through share link in Postman
- Running the collection using Newman through JSON file in Postman
- How to Remove Unicode from Jenkins Console Output logs using Postman?
- Jenkins for Test Automation
- OAuth 2.0 Authorization with Postman
- Assertions in Postman with Chai Assertion Library