- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Paheli gave the following ill effects of the practice of burning dried leaves and other plant parts.
The correct reasons of why we should not burn leaves are
- Burning degrades the soil.
- Burning produces harmful gases/fumes.
- Precious raw materials to obtain manure at low cost is lost.
- Lot of heat is generated unnecessarily.
(a) i, ii and iv only
(b) i, ii, iii and iv
(c) ii and iii only
(d) ii, iii and iv only
Correct answer: (b) i, ii, iii and iv
Explanation: The burning of dried leaves and other plant parts produces smoke and harmful gases/fumes that generate a lot of heat and are harmful to our health. Burning degrades the soil and also results in the loss of precious raw material that could be converted into useful compost.
- What is the significance of burning Holika during Holi festival?
- Why do things become black after burning them?
- What is the origin of superstition in Britain that burning ears mean you are being talked about?
- What are the Effects of Cyberwarfare?
- Gas Turbine Power Plant – Parts, Working, Advantages and Disadvantages
- What are the effects of Share Buyback?
- What are the effects of gestational diabetes on the baby?
- Hydroelectric Power Plant – Parts, Working, Advantages & Disadvantages
- How to increase the duration of jQuery effects?
- What are the effects of issuing Bonus shares?
- Effects of Financial Leverage on the Trend of Stock Volatility
- Get the total number of leaves of a JTree in Java?
- What are the effects of language design in the programming environment?
- What are the components of a typical Thermal Power Plant?
- What are the components of a typical Nuclear Power Plant?
- Return the fractional and integral parts of array values in Numpy