- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
State whether the following statements are true or false. In case a statement is false, write the corrected statement in your notebook.
(a) Cutting a log of wood into pieces is a chemical change. (True/ False)
(b) Formation of manure from leaves is a physical change. (True/ False)
(c) Iron pipes coated with zinc do not get rusted easily. (True/ False)
(d) Iron and rust are the same substances. (True/ False)
(e) Condensation of steam is not a chemical change. (True/ False)
Examples: melting an ice cube, boiling of water, dissolving sugar in water, melting of chocolate, etc.
Properties of physical change are as follows:
1. Most of the physical changes are reversible. The original form of the matter can be attained.
2. It is a temporary change and no new substance is formed.
3. During a physical change, no energy is absorbed or released
4. Physical change causes changes in physical properties such as shape, size, etc
A chemical change affects the internal structure of the substance and leads to the formation of a new substance.
Examples: Photosynthesis, digesting food, rusting of iron, boiling an egg, etc.
Properties of chemical change are as follows:
1. Chemical changes are irreversible. The original form of the matter cannot be attained.
2. It is a permanent change and one or more new substance is formed.
3. During a chemical change, energy is produced in the form of heat, light or sound, while during a chemical reaction, energy is either absorbed or released.
4. Chemical change causes changes in the physical and chemical properties of the substance.]
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started