- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Give a list of laboratory apparatus.
Below is a list of Laboratory apparatus and its use.
1. Balance- Used for measuring mass.
2. Beaker- Used to hold, mix, and heat liquids.
3. Beaker Tongs- Used to pick up beakers.
4. Bunsen Burner- Frequently used as a heat source in the absence of flammable materials.
5. Burret- Used for dispensing an accurate volume of a liquid.
6. Clay Triangle- Used to support a crucible during heating.
7. Crucible- Used for holding chemicals during heating to very high temperatures.
8. Crucible Tongs- Used to hold crucibles.
9. Erlenmeyer Flask- Used to hold and mix chemicals. The small neck is to facilitate mixing without spilling.
10. Evaporating Dish- Used to heat liquids for evaporation.
11. Forceps- Used to pick up or hold a small object
12. Funnel- Used to transfer liquids or fine-grained materials into containers with small openings. Also used for filtration.
13. Graduated Cylinder- Used to measure a precise volume of a liquid.
14. Mortar and Pestle- Used to crush and grind materials.
15. Pipet Bulb- Used to draw liquids into a pipe.
16. Ring Clamp- Used with a ring stands to hold glassware, such as a beaker or a funnel.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started