- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
mysqlpump - A MySQL Database Backup Program
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
The mysqlpump client utility performs logical backups, thereby producing a set of SQL statements that would be executed to reproduce the original database object definitions and table data. It helps dump one or more MySQL databases for backup or transfer to another SQL server.
Features of mysqlpump
Let us understand the features of mysqlpump −
Parallel processing of databases, as well as that of objects within databases, thereby helping speed up the dump process.
It provides better control over which databases and database objects (tables, stored programs, user accounts) need to be dumped
Dumping of user accounts as account-management statements (CREATE USER, GRANT) instead of as inserts into the mysql system database
It has the capability to create compressed output.
It is the progress indicator that provides the values which are estimates.
For dump file reloading, it facilitates faster secondary index creation for InnoDB tables by adding indexes after the rows have been inserted.
Syntax - Invoke mysqldump
By default, mysqlpump dumps all databases. To specify this behavior explicitly, the --all-databases option can be used. It has been shown below −
shell> mysqlpump --all-databases
To dump a single database, or specific tables within a database, the database name has to be specified on the command line, optionally followed by table names. It has been shown below −
shell> mysqlpump db_name shell> mysqlpump db_name tbl_name1 tbl_name2 ...
To treat all name arguments as database names, the --databases option can be used. It has been shown below −
shell> mysqlpump --databases db_name1 db_name2 ...
The mysqlpump utility supports several options to include or exclude databases, tables, stored programs, and user definitions. To reload a dump file, the statements contained in it need to be executed. The below example shows the same −
shell> mysqlpump [options] > dump.sql shell> mysql < dump.sql
- mysqldump - A MySQL Database Backup Program
- How to take MySQL database backup using MySQL Workbench?
- Database Backup and Recovery
- How to take backup of a single table in a MySQL database?
- How can we take a backup of the single database by using mysqldump client program?
- How can we take a backup of a particular table from a database by using mysqldump client program?
- MYSQL - select database?
- Creating and Using a MySQL Database
- Creating and Selecting a MySQL Database
- How to alter the database engine of a MySQL database table?
- Create a new database with MySQL Workbench?
- MySQL increment a database field by 1?
- How do I remove a MySQL database?
- Create a database in MySQL from Java?
- Duplicate a MySQL Database without using mysqldump?