- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Make your collections thread-safe in C#
The .NET Framework 4 brought the System.Collections.Concurrent namespace. This has several collection classes that are thread-safe and scalable. These collections are called concurrent collections because they can be accessed by multiple threads at a time.
The following concurrent collection types use lightweight synchronization mechanisms: SpinLock, SpinWait, etc. These are new in .NET Framework 4.
Let us see the concurrent collection in C# −
|BlockingCollection<T>||Bounding and blocking functionality for any type.|
|ConcurrentDictionary<TKey,TValue>||Thread-safe implementation of a dictionary of key-value pairs.|
|ConcurrentQueue<T>||Thread-safe implementation of a FIFO (first-in, first-out) queue.|
|ConcurrentStack<T>||Thread-safe implementation of a LIFO (last-in, first-out) stack.|
|ConcurrentBag<T>||Thread-safe implementation of an unordered collection of elements.|
|IProducerConsumerCollection<T>||The interface that a type must implement to be used in a BlockingCollection|
Let us see how to work with ConcurrentStack<T> that is a thread-safe last in-first out (LIFO) collection −
ConcurrentStack<int> cs = new ConcurrentStack<int>(); cs.Push(95); cs.Push(120); cs.Push(130);
- Thread-Safe collections in C#
- How to make a class thread-safe in Java?
- How to make a collection thread safe in java?
- Thread Safe Concurrent Collection in C#
- Is Swing thread-safe in Java?
- How to understand StringBuffer is thread-safe and StringBuilder is non-thread-safe in Java?
- Is Java matcher thread safe in Java?
- Which collection classes are thread-safe in Java?
- Check if ArrayList is Synchronized (thread safe) in C#
- Do you think a Python dictionary is thread safe?
- How to Keep Your Home Wi-Fi Safe?
- 10 Ways to keep your Data safe in Cloud Environment
- How can you make your kid help in your household?
- Make your Web Application more Usable!
- How to make your child mentally strong?