Great so far!
Linux Security and Hardening, The Practical Security Guide
Secure any Linux server from hackers & protect it against hacking. The practical Linux Administration security guide
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -4 hours
Keep yourself and your company out of the news by protecting your Linux systems from hackers, crackers, and attackers!
This course will not only teach you the security concepts and guidelines that will keep your Linux servers safe, it will walk you through hardening measures step-by-step.
Hello. My name is Jason Cannon and I'm the author of Linux Administration, the founder of the Linux Training Academy, and an instructor to thousands of satisfied students. I started my IT career in the late 1990's as a Unix and Linux System Engineer. I've worked for many technology companies who take information security seriously. I've even worked for security firms such as Mandiant and FireEye. I'll be sharing my real-world Linux security experience with you throughout this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to tighten up the security on any Linux system. You'll learn the security weaknesses of the Linux operating system and be given step-by-step instructions on how to protect those weaknesses. You'll even learn some security concepts that apply to information security as a whole while focusing on the Linux specific issues that require special consideration.
Here is just some of what you will learn by taking this Linux Security and Hardening course:
- How to protect your Linux systems against hackers.
- Ways to prevent attackers from breaking into your systems, even when they have physical access to your machine.
- How to enforce strong password policies and control password as well as account aging policies on your Linux servers.
- SSH Hardening practices.
- Network security tactics.
- Port scanning and network service detection.
- How the Linux firewall works and exactly how to configure it.
- How to protect the superuser (root) account.
- Ways to share accounts securely with an audit trail.
- File system security and encryption.
- Using and configuring sudo, and why you need to.
- Advanced Linux permissions include special modes, file attributes, and access control lists (ACLs).
- Much, much more!
- Unconditional 30 day money-back guarantee - that's my personal promise of your success!
Enroll now and start learning the skills you need to hack-proof your Linux systems today!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a desire to learn how to secure and harden a computer running the Linux operating system.
- Linux system administrators looking to make the systems they support more secure.
- People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer.
- This course is not for people who have never used the Linux operating system before.
What will you learn in this course:
- By the end of this course you will be able to harden a Linux system, reduce its surface of vulnerability, and reduce the risk of your Linux system being hacked or compromised.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A basic understanding of the Linux operating system. Please consider taking "Learn Linux in 5 Days" before taking this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Overview 01:25 01:25
- Course Downloads
File System Security
Additional Security Resources
Jason CannonProfessional system administrator, consultant, and author.
Jason started his career as a Unix and Linux System Engineer in 1999. Since that time he has utilized his Linux skills at companies such as Xerox, UPS, Hewlett-Packard, and Amazon.com. Additionally, he has acted as a technical consultant and independent contractor for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
Jason has professional experience with CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Ubuntu. He has used several Linux distributions on personal projects including Debian, Slackware, CrunchBang, and others. In addition to Linux, Jason has experience supporting proprietary Unix operating systems including AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
He enjoys teaching others how to use and exploit the power of the Linux operating system. He is also the author of the books "Linux for Beginners" and "Command Line Kung Fu."
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now