- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Improved Mobile Telephone System
Improved Mobile Telephone System (IMTS) was a radio system that linked to public switched telephone networks (PSTN) before the era of cellular mobiles. It was introduced in 1964 and was the wireless equivalent of landline dial up telephones.
IMTS was a radio system for mobile telephones that was an improvement over the previous Mobile Telephone System (MTS).
MTS supported half duplex communication. So, the communicating parties could not communicate simultaneously. IMTS supported full duplex communication, thus allowing both the user to talk and hear simultaneously.
IMTS required a high power transmitter to be installed, preferably on the top of a hill. The transmitter had two frequencies, one for sending and the other for receiving signals.
IMTS systems were installed wide apart. The high power requirement in transmitters had the risk of introducing interference in adjacent units. To avoid this, the units were installed far apart from each other.
It supported only 23 channels. So, users had to wait considerably before getting a dial tone.
- The Mobile Telephone System
- Structure of the Telephone System
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
- Advanced Mobile Phone System
- Digital Advanced Mobile Phone System
- Global System for Mobile Communications
- Telephone Modems
- Telephone Conversation
- What are the strategy of mobile database system in information security?
- Public Switched Telephone Network
- A microphone converts:(a) electrical energy into sound energy in ordinary telephone(b) microwave energy into sound energy in a mobile phone(c) sound energy into mechanical energy in a stereo system(d) sound energy into electrical energy in public address system
- How query operations can be improved by cascading the operations?
- Explain why it is safer to use a wireless telephone instead of a landline telephone during lightning.
- Kranti, Pusa agarni and Pusa bold are improved varieties ofurad beansunflowerchickpeamustard
- How to use telephone input type in HTML?