- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Image formed by a plane mirror is:
$(a)$. virtual, behind the mirror and enlarged.
$(b)$. virtual, behind the mirror and of the same size as the object.
$(c)$. real at the surface of the mirror and enlarged.
$(d)$. real, behind the mirror and of the same size as the object.
The correct answer is: $(b)$. virtual, behind the mirror, and of the same size as the object.
Let us know a little about the image formation of an object by a plane mirror:
Image formation by a plane mirror:
The image of an object formed by a plane mirror is virtual, erect $(upright)$, of the same size as the object, at the same distance behind the mirror, and laterally inverted. The virtual images form when the light rays appear to meet at a definite point, after reflection from the mirror, and they can never be captured or obtained on a screen.
To represent the image formed by a plane mirror a ray diagram is given below. Let us see how the image of an object is formed:
- Find mirror image of a point in 2-D plane in C++
- Create a mirror image with CSS
- Print the Mirror Image of Sine-Wave Pattern in C
- Mirror Reflection in C++
- Python Program for the focal length of a spherical mirror
- The focal length of a spherical mirror in Python Program
- C++ Program for triangular pattern (mirror image around 0)
- Sum of the mirror image nodes of a complete binary tree in an inorder way in C++
- How to create a mirror image using Java OpenCV library?
- Create a mirror tree from the given binary tree in C++ Program
- Mirror of n-ary Tree in C++
- Check if mirror image of a number is same if displayed in seven segment displays in Python
- How to flip an image (add a mirror effect) with CSS?
- What is the science and psychology behind happiness?
- Java Program for focal length of a spherical mirror
- Find mirror of a given node in Binary tree in C++