- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to start the specific task of the task scheduler using PowerShell?
To start the specific task of the task scheduler using PowerShell, we need to use the Start-ScheduledTask command.
When we run the above command, we need to provide the task name.
Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName 'FirstTask'
When you check the above task status,
Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName 'FirstTask'
TaskPath TaskName State -------- -------- ----- \ FirstTask Running
To start the task on the remote computer, we first need to connect to the CIMSession of the remote computer and we can use the below command.
$sess = New-CimSession -ComputerName Test1-Win2k12 Get-ScheduledTask -CimSession $sess -TaskName 'FirstTask' | Start-ScheduledTask
We can also start the task directly with the command, Start-ScheduledTask using the CIMSession.
Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName 'FirstTask' -CimSession $sess
- Related Articles
- How to create a Scheduled task with a task scheduler using PowerShell?
- How to retrieve tasks in Task scheduler using PowerShell?
- Task Scheduler n C++
- Different ways to start a Task in C#
- How to automatically start and stop an Async task in Kotlin?
- What is the task of Data Mining?
- Cancel the Timer Task in Java
- PEAS Descriptors of Task Environment
- What is the task of mining frequent itemsets difficult?
- Call the run() method of the Timer Task in Java
- How to display completion progress of a task in HTML5?
- Data parallelism vs Task parallelism
- Windows 8 task managers running process
- How to copy files of the specific extension using PowerShell?
- How to start any program using PowerShell?