- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to simulate HTML5 Drag and Drop in Selenium Webdriver?
We can simulate HTML5 drag and drop with Selenium webdriver. This is a feature that gets implemented if an element is dragged from its position and dropped on another element in another position.
Actions class in Selenium is used for taking care of this functionality. The drag_and_drop(source, target) is the available method under Actions class for carrying out this task. We have to import from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains to our code to use this method of Actions class.
Let us take the two elements and try to drag the first element on to the second element.
from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains from selenium import webdriver driver = webdriver.Chrome (executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") driver.implicitly_wait(0.5) driver.get("https://jqueryui.com/droppable/") driver.switch_to.frame(0) # identify source and destination elements s=driver.find_element_by_id("draggable") d=driver.find_element_by_id("droppable") # action object creation a = ActionChains(driver) a.drag_and_drop(s,d).perform() driver.close()
- HTML5 drag and drop will not drop
- How to use drag and drop in HTML5?
- How to automate drag & drop functionality using Selenium WebDriver Java?
- How to do drag and drop action in Selenium?
- How to perform drag and drop operation in Selenium with python?
- The dragLeave event fires before drop for HTML5 drag and drop events
- HTML5 Canvas and select / drag-and-drop features in a JS library?
- How to use drag and drop in Android?
- How to perform drag and drop actions in WebdriverIO?
- How to simulate Print screen button using selenium webdriver in Java?
- Cross-browser drag-and-drop HTML file upload?
- Drag and Drop a File feature in React JS
- How to stop dragend's default behavior in drag and drop?
- How to Add Drag and Drop in React using React Beautiful DnD