- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to select the right Welding System for a specific job?
Welding is the process of joining two metals placed together by heating them to melting point. In electric welding, the heat required for welding process is obtained by the use of electrical energy.
Factors Considered While Selecting a Welding System for a Particular Job
There are different materials or metals to be welded and different types of welds are required. Therefore, depending upon the metal, its dimensions, and requirements, different welding systems are selected.
The following factors are to be considered while evaluating an appropriate welding system to complete a specific job −
Types of material (or metal) being welded
Thickness of the material.
The welding position
Type of welding power source
The amount of current available at the welding location
Time required, and
Working conditions, etc.
Welding System for Different Jobs
The following table shows the selected welding system for a particular job −
|Nature of Job||Welding System|
|Two thick materials of low conductivity.|
Two thick materials of high conductivity.
Two materials of different conductivity.
|Resistance welding system by controlling the contact resistance and suitable electrodes.|
|Joining copper metal and its alloys.||Carbon arc welding system|
|Welding work of carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, aluminum, etc.||Atomic hydrogen arc welding system|
|End to end joints for roads, tubes, wires, etc.||Butt welding system|
|Two metallic parts (electrode of same metal)||Metal arc welding system|
|Welding work of aluminum, magnesium and its alloys, stainless steel, etc.||Helium or argon arc welding system|
|Punched, form or stamped parts||Projection welding system|
|Localized welding (not air-tight and water proof)||Spot welding system|
|Leak proof joints of tanks, transformer tanks, compressor tanks, gasoline tanks, air-craft tanks, etc.||Seam welding system|
- Related Articles
- How to Select the Right Traditional Marketing Activities for Your Business?
- How to select a specific subdocument in MongoDB?
- 5 Reasons Why Finding the Right People for The Job Is Crucial for A Startup
- How to Run a Cron Job Every Day on a Linux System
- How to Select an MBA Stream That is Right for You?
- How to apply for a job in railways?
- How to prepare a job sheet for the given transactions?
- How to Do Your Makeup for a Job Interview
- How to select specific columns in MongoDB query?
- How select specific rows in MySQL?
- How to select “last child” with a specific class using CSS?
- Cover Letter - How to Create One for a Job Application
- How to Add Cron Jobs to A Specific User in a Linux System
- How to select records that begin with a specific value in MySQL?
- How to get a specific column record from SELECT query in MySQL?