- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to save a plot as SVG created with ggplot2 in R?
There are multiple ways to save a plot created in R. Base R provides, metafile, bitmap, and postscript options to copy and save the plots created in R but we can also save the plots created with ggplot2 as an SVG file with the help of svglite package. The ggsave function of svglite package does this job easily and we can also define the height and width of the plot inside this function.
Install the svglite package −
Consider the ToothGrowth data and create a scatterplot between len and dose −
head(ToothGrowth) len supp dose 1 4.2 VC 0.5 2 11.5 VC 0.5 3 7.3 VC 0.5 4 5.8 VC 0.5 5 6.4 VC 0.5 6 10.0 VC 0.5 library(ggplot2) library(svglite) ScatterPlotImage<-ggplot(ToothGrowth,aes(len,dose))+geom_point(size=3) ScatterPlotImage
ggsave(file="Scatter.svg", plot=ScatterPlotImage, width=10, height=10)
This plot will be saved as an SVG in the default folder for your R version as shown above.
- How to extract data from a plot created by ggplot2 in R?
- How to add a citation in a plot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to plot a function with ggplot2 in R?
- How to add a horizontal line to the plot created by ggplot2 in R?
- How to save matrix created in R as tables in a text file with column names same as the matrix?
- How to highlight text inside a plot created by ggplot2 using a box in R?
- How to change legend values in a bar plot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to display regression slope using model in a plot created by ggplot2 in R?
- How to display regression intercept using model in a plot created by ggplot2 in R?
- How to remove the boxes around legend of a plot created by ggplot2 in R?
- How to save a plot in pdf in R?
- How to make all text size same in a plot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to align the text horizontally in a bar plot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- Increase the space between facets in a facetted plot created using ggplot2 in R.
- How to display ID column values in a scatterplot created with ggplot2 in R?