- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to run Perl Program?
The following are the different ways to start Perl.
You can enter Perl and start coding right away in the interactive interpreter by starting it from the command line. You can do this from Unix, DOS, or any other system, which provides you a command-line interpreter or shell window.
$perl -e <perl code> # Unix/Linux or C:>perl -e <perl code> # Windows/DOS
Here is the list of all the available command-line options −
|Sr.No.||Option & Description|
Runs program under a debugger
Specifies @INC/#include directory
Enables tainting checks
Enables tainting warnings
Allows unsafe operations
Enables many useful warnings
Enables all warnings
Disables all warnings
Runs Perl script sent in a program
Runs Perl script from a given file
Script from the Command-line
A Perl script is a text file, which keeps Perl code in it and it can be executed at the command line by invoking the interpreter on your application, as in the following −
$perl script.pl # Unix/Linux or C:>perl script.pl # Windows/DOS
Integrated Development Environment
You can run Perl from a graphical user interface (GUI) environment as well. All you need is a GUI application on your system that supports Perl. You can download Padre, The Perl IDE. You can also use Eclipse Plugin EPIC - Perl Editor and IDE for Eclipse if you are familiar with Eclipse.
Before proceeding to the next chapter, make sure your environment is properly set up and working perfectly fine. If you are not able to set up the environment properly then you can take help from your system administrator.
All the examples given in subsequent chapters have been executed with v5.16.2 version available on the CentOS flavor of Linux.
- How to run Python Program?
- How to run a java program
- How to run Java package program
- How to Run a Python Program
- How to run JavaTuples program in Eclipse?
- Perl First Program
- How to compile and run the C++ program?
- First CGI Program using Perl
- How to compile & run a Java program using Command Prompt?
- Run a Python program from PHP
- How to run matplotlib in Tkinter?
- How to create Array in Perl?
- How to use Formats in Perl?
- How to run SQL script in MySQL?
- How to run continues thread in android?