- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to pick a new color for each plotted line within a figure in matplotlib?
To pick a new color for each plotted line within a figure, use the following steps −
Setup X-axis and Y-axis labels for the diagram.
Set the current .rc parameters. For axes facecolor, the group is axes.
Use a cycler to set the color for the group of lines. The color list consists of ‘r’ for red, ‘g’ for green, ‘b’ for blue, and ‘y’ for yellow.
Cycler class helps to create a new Cycler object from a single positional argument, a pair of positional arguments, or the combination of keyword arguments.
Plot the number of lines with different colors.
Use plt.show() to show the figure.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt from cycler import cycler plt.ylabel("Y-axis ") plt.xlabel("X-axis ") plt.rc('axes', prop_cycle=(cycler('color', ['r', 'g', 'b', 'y']))) plt.plot([0, 5]) plt.plot([2, 6]) plt.plot([3, 8]) plt.plot([4, 9]) plt.show()
- How to set label for an already plotted line in Matplotlib?
- How to plot a gradient color line in matplotlib?
- How can multiple plots be plotted in same figure using matplotlib and Python?
- How to get the color of the most recent plotted line in Python?
- How to set a line color to orange, and specify line markers in Matplotlib?
- How to vary the line color with data index for line graph in matplotlib?
- How to color the plotted area of a JavaFX xy-chart?
- How to change the color of a line using radiobuttons in Matplotlib?
- How to plot a single line in Matplotlib that continuously changes color?
- How to Capture a pick event and use it to activate or deactivate Line Plots in Matplotlib
- How to redefine a color for a specific value in a Matplotlib colormap?
- How to put a title for a curved line in Python Matplotlib?
- How to add a 3d subplot to a matplotlib figure?\n
- How to retrieve XY data from a Matplotlib figure?
- How to position and align a Matplotlib figure legend?