- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to insert text at the beginning of the text box in Tkinter?
There are two types of Text editors that Tkinter supports -- the Entry widget and the Text widget. Tkinter text widgets are used to create the text editor where we can edit, add or delete the text whenever we need. We can create a text widget using the Text(parent) constructor. In order to insert a default text for the text widget, we can use the insert(INSERT, "text_to_insert") or insert("1.0", "text_to_insert") method after the text widget declaration.
In this example, we will insert the text at the beginning of the text box.
#Import the required Libraries from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() #Set the geometry of tkinter frame win.geometry("750x250") #Create a Text Box text= Text(win, width= 50, height= 30, background= "gray71",foreground="#fff",font= ('Sans Serif', 13, 'italic bold')) #Insert the text at the begining text.insert(INSERT, "Write Something About Yourself") text.pack(expand= 1, fill= BOTH) win.mainloop()
Run the above code to display the text box in the window.
In the given output, the default text is initially set to the beginning in the text box.
- How to insert a text at the beginning of a file in Linux?
- How to place the text at the center of an Entry box in Tkinter?
- Specify the dimensions of a Tkinter text box in pixels
- How to set justification on Tkinter Text box?
- How to Delete Tkinter Text Box's Contents?
- How to get the current length of the Text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to input text in the text box without calling the sendKeys() using Selenium?
- How to get the Tkinter Label text?
- How to word-wrap text in Tkinter Text?
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to highlight text in a tkinter Text widget?
- How to clear the contents of a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to take input in a text widget and display the text in tkinter?
- How to display LaTex in real time in a text box in Tkinter?