- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to insert current date/time in MySQL?
To insert current date/ time in MySQL, use the now() function. Let us now see an example.
At first, we will create a table. The CREATE command is used to create a table.
mysql > create table CurrentDateTime -> ( -> CurrentTime datetime -> ); Query OK, 0 rows affected (1.14 sec)
Syntax to insert the current date/time with the help of insert command and now()
mysql> insert into CurrentDateTime values(now()); Query OK, 1 row affected (0.11 sec)
To check that the current date/ time is inserted in the table or not, use the select command.
mysql> select *from CurrentDateTime;
The following is the output that displays we have successfully inserted current date/ time.
+---------------------+ | CurrentTime | +---------------------+ | 2018-10-18 13:14:30 | +---------------------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
- MySQL - Insert current date/time?
- MySQL query to insert current date plus specific time?
- How to insert current date/ time using now() in a field with MySQL?
- Insert current time minus 1 hour to already inserted date-time records in MYSQL
- Insert current date to the database in MySQL?
- Insert current date in datetime format MySQL?
- How to insert current date and time in a database using JDBC?
- Set current date and time to timestamp in MySQL
- How can we insert current date and time automatically on inserting values in other columns in MySQL?
- How to get current time and date in C++?
- How to get current date and time in Python?
- Current Date and Time in Perl
- Java Program to Get Current Date/Time
- How can we insert current date automatically in a column of MySQL table?