- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Generate Newman Reports on Jenkins using Postman?
We can generate Newman reports on Jenkins. The reports obtained from Jenkins are a pictorial and organized representation of test execution results. These reports can also be shared with all the stakeholders of the project.
Jenkins reports can be generated in several formats and can be controlled by adding different flags in the build commands. Also, it is necessary to specify the path where the reports shall be saved in build commands.
The steps to generate Newman reports on Jenkins are listed below −
As a prerequisite, Jenkins should be configured in the system. The details available in the link − https://www.tutorialspoint.com/jenkins/index.htm. Also, we should have a Collection with a minimum one request along with the Newman installed in the system.
Step 1 − Click on the arrow to the right of the Collection name. Next, click the Share button.
Step 2 − SHARE COLLECTION1 window opens up. Move to the Get public link tab and copy the link that has been marked in the below image.
Step 3 − Open Jenkins and move to the Jenkins Job below the Build section. Add the below command to generate CLI and JUNIT reports −
newman run "<link copied in Step2> " --reporters cli, junit
Step 4 − To specify the path where the Newman report is to be saved, we should add the command.
newman run "<link in Step2>" --reporters cli,junit --reporter-junit-export "report/newmanreport.xml"
Here, report/newmanreport.xml is the path where the report shall be saved. If that directory does not exist, the report gets created by default within the Jenkins Workspace directory.
- How to Generate CLI & JUNIT Newman report on Jenkins using Postman?
- How to Run Postman Collection on Jenkins using Newman Commands?
- Postman with Newman & Jenkins
- How to Specify the Path to save Newman report on Jenkins using Postman?
- Run Postman Collection on Jenkins
- Setting test iterations using Newman (Postman)
- Newman Optional Parameters & Configurations using Postman
- What is Newman in Postman?
- How to generate multiple reports in HTML using PowerShell?
- How to Remove Unicode from Jenkins Console Output logs using Postman?
- What are different Parameters available in Newman using Postman?
- Running the collection using Newman through share link in Postman
- Running the collection using Newman through JSON file in Postman
- How To Install Jenkins on Ubuntu
- How to Generate API Documentation in Postman?