- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to export output to excel in PowerShell?
As of now, there is no built-in command like CSV (Export-CSV) to export output to the excel file but we can use the Out-File command to export data to excel or any other file format.
Let’s use Out-File to export the output of the Get-Processes command to an excel file.
Get-Process | Out-File C:\Temp\processes.xls
The above command will get all the running processes on the local system to the excel file. Let’s check the output of the excel file. You can see that the output is not in the proper excel format.
One other way is to install the ImportExcel module for excel. It is a very popular module to work with excel files.
To install the ImportExcel module, you need to run the below command to get it installed from the PowerShell gallery.
Install-Module ImportExcel -AllowClobber -Force
Once you install it, you need to import the module in the current PowerShell session if not imported.
Get-Module ImportExcel -ListAvailable | Import-Module -Force -Verbose
Once you have this module loaded in PowerShell, you can run the below command to export output into the excel format.
Get-Process | Export-Excel -Path C:\Temp\Processes.xlsx
- How to export data frame in R to excel?
- How to Export the Azure VMs using PowerShell?
- How to sort the output in PowerShell?
- How to Export the azure VM tags using PowerShell?
- How to save MySQL query output to excel or .txt file?
- How to Export and import CSV file manually in PowerShell?
- How to use CSS style in PowerShell HTML Output?
- How to Export a certificate from a certificate store using PowerShell?
- How to get process output in GridView format in PowerShell ?
- How to convert command output to the Hashtable format in PowerShell?
- How to use custom headers in the PowerShell output table?
- Explain output formatting PowerShell
- Write a Python program to export dataframe into an Excel file with multiple sheets
- How to display specific properties from Get-Service output in PowerShell?
- How to exclude PSComputerName property from Invoke-Command output in PowerShell?