- iOS Tutorial
- iOS - Home
- iOS - Getting Started
- iOS - Environment Setup
- iOS - Objective-C Basics
- iOS - First iPhone Application
- iOS - Actions and Outlets
- iOS - Delegates
- iOS - UI Elements
- iOS - Accelerometer
- iOS - Universal Applications
- iOS - Camera Management
- iOS - Location Handling
- iOS - SQLite Database
- iOS - Sending Email
- iOS - Audio & Video
- iOS - File Handling
- iOS - Accessing Maps
- iOS - In-App Purchase
- iOS - iAd Integration
- iOS - GameKit
- iOS - Storyboards
- iOS - Auto Layouts
- iOS - Twitter & Facebook
- iOS - Memory Management
- iOS - Application Debugging
- iOS Useful Resources
- iOS - Quick Guide
- iOS - Useful Resources
- iOS - Discussion
How to develop or migrate apps for iPhone 5 screen resolution?
At the release of iPhone 5, it’s resolution and aspect ratio was different (640 x 1136 pixels), hence it was tough to migrate applications from iPhone 4 sizes to the newer iPhone. But later with the release of iOS 8, size classes and abstract screen sizes were also introduced to make it easier. As of now, applications for almost all sizes can be developed with Xcode storyboard editor.
Apart from storyboard editor, you can also change the launch image. Let’s see the first method.
Change the launch image to Defaultemail@example.com. Change the size to be 1136x640.
Go to info.plist and remove the value for “Launch Image”.
In the storyboard editor, you can use Auto layout to fit designs to any screens. When we use auto layout we make sure that the design is adapted to all the screen sizes as per the values we want it to have.
Go to storyboard editor.
Select iPhone 5 from the View as an option ( In XCode 10, only iPhone 4, iPhone SE, and iPhones above iPhone 8 are supported in view as options.)
When you design with the Auto layout for a selected iPhone you can see that live rendered on the storyboard, which will look exactly same on the device too, but similar on the devices according to the auto layout constraints added.
- Related Articles
- How to detect the screen size of iPhone 5?
- How can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?
- Rapidly develop Internet of Things apps with Docker Containers
- How to develop a soft keyboard for Android?
- How to Migrate MySQL to MariaDB on Linux?
- Do only birds migrate or any other animals also migrate? If there are any other animals name them.
- How to develop a soft keyboard for Android using Kotlin?
- How to add line break for UILabel in iOS/iPhone?
- How to Develop Generic Classes
- Best Safety Apps for Women
- Mobile Apps for the Month
- Best Photography Apps for Android
- How to determine device type (iPhone, iPod Touch) with iPhone SDK?