- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to delete Session data in JSP?
When you are done with a user's session data, you have several options −
Remove a particular attribute − You can call the public void removeAttribute(String name) method to delete the value associated with the particular key.
Delete the whole session − You can call the public void invalidate() method to discard an entire session.
Setting Session timeout − You can call the public void setMaxInactiveInterval(int interval) method to set the timeout for a session individually.
Log the user out − The servers that support servlets 2.4, you can call logout to log the client out of the Web server and invalidate all sessions belonging to all the users.
web.xml Configuration − If you are using Tomcat, apart from the above-mentioned methods, you can configure the session time out in web.xml file as follows.
<session-config> <session-timeout>15</session-timeout> </session-config>
The timeout is expressed as minutes and overrides the default timeout which is 30 minutes in Tomcat.
The getMaxInactiveInterval( ) method in a servlet returns the timeout period for that session in seconds. So if your session is configured in web.xml for 15 minutes, getMaxInactiveInterval( ) returns 900.
- How can you delete a session data in JSP?
- How is Session Management done in JSP?
- What is session attribute in JSP?
- How to delete cookies with JSP?
- What is the session Object in JSP?
- How to execute DELETE SQL in a JSP?
- Please share a working example of session maintenance in JSP.
- How to track access time of a webpage using session in a JSP page?
- How to read form data using JSP?
- How to delete partial data in MongoDB?
- How to pass check boxes data using JSP?
- How to set the data source in a JSP?
- How can I access session data using Python CGI script?
- How to delete rows in an R data frame?
- How to Delete Data Permanently from a PC?