- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a DB2 tablespace TABSPAC1 in the database DBSPAC1?
A tablespace is a collection of data files which resides inside a DB2 database. It is used to organize the data logically. Any DB2 database contains at least one tablespace and in the real world scenario there are multiple tablespaces within a database which are allocated for different business units. In order to create a new tablespace, we have to provide the command as below−
CREATE TABLESPACE TABSPA1 IN DBSPAC1 USING STOGROUP STG1 PRIQTY 50 SECQTY 50 BUFFERPOOL BP02 ERASE NO
The CREATE AND TABLESPACE are the reserved words which are followed by the name of tablespace we want to create. In this case it is TABSPA1.
IN is a reserved word is followed by the name of the database in which we want to create this tablespace. The database is DBSPAC1 in this case.
USING STOGROUP are the reserved words which are accompanied by the name of the storage group to be used for this tablespace.
The PRIQTY and SECQTY are parameters which describe the storage space in KB for primary and secondary allocation respectively.
The BUFFERPOOL parameter is used to give the name of bufferpool which has to be used for this tablespace.
The ERASE parameter specifies that data within the tablespace needs to be removed or not when the tablespace is deleted.
- How to reorganize the DB2 tablespace TABSPAC1 to reclaim fragmented space?
- Give the panel command to start a specific tablespace within a DB2 database.
- How to create a DB2 segmented tablespace TABSPAC2 in storage group STOGRP1?
- How to create a DB2 Tablespace in storage group STG1 and bufferpool BP01?
- How to create a DB2 database DBSET1 in the storage group STG1?
- Updating and sampling of catalog statistics for DB2 tablespace
- How to start a DB2 database DSNDB001 using the command panel?
- How to create a DB2 bufferpool with pagesize 4096?
- What are the ways to calculate DB2 database size using DB2 utility and other methods?
- How to create a new database in MongoDB?
- Impact of database downtime on the COBOL-DB2 program
- What is the panel command to display all DB2 database components?
- How to monitor temporary tablespace usage in Oracle?
- How to create a database in MongoDB using Java?
- How to create a DB2 storage group STG1 with volume VOL1.