- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to confirm before stopping the process in PowerShell?
To get the consent from the user before stopping process or instance, -confirm parameter is used.
In the below example, we will stop notepad.exe process with –Id 4900 using –Confirm parameter.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Stop-Process -Id 4900 -Confirm Confirm Are you sure you want to perform this action? Performing the operation "Stop-Process" on target "notepad (4900)". [Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "Y"):
Similarly, you can use the –Confirm parameter for stopping the process with Name.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Stop-Process -Name Notepad -Confirm
- How to use Wait-Process in Powershell?
- How to get the Process performance counter using PowerShell?
- How to stop all instances of the process in PowerShell?
- How to stop the specific instance of the process in PowerShell?
- How to get all the Get-Process properties using PowerShell?
- How to get the specific process(es) information using PowerShell?
- How to get process output in GridView format in PowerShell ?
- Does Process before output and process after input initiate commits in ABAP?
- How to check if a process is exited from the system after executing Stop-Process command in PowerShell?
- What is the use of Get-Process command in PowerShell?
- How to display a few numbers of results in Get-Process in PowerShell?
- How to get all the processes on the local computer with Get-Process command using PowerShell?
- Starting and Stopping MySQL Server