- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to center an annotation horizontally over a point in Matplotlib?
63 Lectures 6 hours
To center an annotation horizontally over a point, we can take the following steps−
- Create points for x and y using numpy.
- Create labels using xpoints.
- Use scatter() method to scatter the points.
- Iterate labels, xpoints and ypoints and annotate the plot with label, x and y with different properties, make horizontal alignment ha=center.
- To display the figure, use show() method.
import numpy as np from matplotlib import pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.00, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True xpoints = np.linspace(1, 10, 10) ypoints = np.random.rand(10) labels = ["%.2f" % i for i in xpoints] plt.scatter(xpoints, ypoints, c=xpoints) for label, x, y in zip(labels, xpoints, ypoints): plt.annotate( label, xy=(x, y), xytext=(-20, 20), textcoords='offset points', ha='center', va='bottom', bbox=dict(boxstyle='round,pad=0.5', fc='green', alpha=0.5), arrowprops=dict(arrowstyle='->', connectionstyle='arc3,rad=0')) plt.show()
- How to center an element vertically and horizontally with CSS?
- How to horizontally center a widget using a grid() in Tkinter?
- How to center your website horizontally with CSS?
- How to center a button element vertically and horizontally with CSS?
- How to horizontally center a <div> in another <div>?
- How to rotate Matplotlib annotation to match a line?
- How to show legend elements horizontally in Matplotlib?
- How to center labels in a Matplotlib histogram plot?
- How do I center text horizontally and vertically in a TextView of Android?
- How to make a multicolored point in Matplotlib?
- How do I put a circle with annotation in matplotlib?
- Android image scale animation relative to center point?
- How to plot a line in Matplotlib with an interval at each data point?
- How to print the Y-axis label horizontally in a Matplotlib/Pylab chart?
- How to plot a point on 3D axes in Matplotlib?