- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to add check mark in a cell with double clicking in Excel
There is a symbol known as a check mark that can be entered into a cell just like any text that you type. This implies that the check mark will be copied along with the cell whenever you copy the cell, and it will also be deleted along with the cell if you delete the cell. You can format it in the same ways as conventional text by adjusting the color and the size of the font. A checkmark, often known as a tick, is a mark that can be used to represent the word "Yes," to mention the word "Done," or to mention the word "Complete." If you are making use of a to-do list and want to indicate that something is finished, finished up, or checked off, the most effective method is to use a checkmark.
In most cases, you will need to open the Symbol dialogue box, look for the check mark symbol, and then manually enter it into the cell before you can insert a check mark into the cell. However, due to the fact that the Symbol dialogue box contains a large number of symbols, it is not very simple to locate the check mark symbol within it.
In this tutorial we are going to learn about VBA code to add checkmark with double click in a cell.
VBA Code to add checkmark with double click
Open an excel sheet and Press Alt and F11 key (Alt+F11) to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Application windows. See the below given image.
After that, select Insert > Module from the menu bar to bring up the popup Module window. See the below given image.
After opening the Module Window, then type the following VBA code in it.
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEvents = False If ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) Then ActiveCell.ClearContents Else ActiveCell.Value = ChrW(&H2713) End If Cancel = True End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
See the below given image.
In above code, in the place of A1:A10, you can add your cell number as per your requirement.
To exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window and return to the worksheet, press the Alt+Q button on your keyboard simultaneously.
Now double click on any cell between A1 to A10, the checkmark will be put in by itself. If you double-click the cell again, the check mark you put in will be gone.
- How to Auto Add/Enter Current Date/Time in a Cell with Double Clicking in Excel?
- How to activate cell for editing with single clicking in Excel?
- How to Add Semicolon to Each Cell in Excel?
- How To Check If Cell Begins Or Ends With A Specific Character In Excel?
- How to add a character before each word in a cell in Excel
- How to add 1 to a specified cell if the cell contains certain text in Excel
- How to Add a Hyperlink to a Specific Part of a Cell in Excel?
- How to check if a cell value match to a list in Excel?
- How To Add Text Cells Together Into One Cell In Excel?
- How to add comma between every single number in a cell of Excel?
- How to Add a Comma after the First Word in Each Cell in Excel?
- How to Add Periods to The End of Cell Contents in Excel?
- How to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel?
- How to add comma at the end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to Check If Cell Contains One of Several Values in Excel?