- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to add a vertical line with some value on a scatterplot created by ggplot2 in R?
When we draw a scatterplot, there might be some crucial points that we would want to display, hence we create a vertical or horizontal based on our objective. These vertical or horizontal lines can be drawn by using geom_vline or geom_hline function of ggplot2 but to add some value with them we can use geom_text function.
Consider the below data frame −
> x<-rnorm(10) > y<-rnorm(10,0.5) > df<-data.frame(x,y) > df
x y 1 1.2474363 -0.15892165 2 1.7511870 -1.18938250 3 -1.3001612 -0.32313571 4 -1.4220049 1.52915756 5 0.4355646 0.18282983 6 0.3128323 0.16467130 7 1.5099580 1.15199751 8 -0.4907705 -1.98635182 9 -1.4249190 -0.73298079 10 -0.2409907 0.06120644
Loading ggplot2 package and creating a scatterplot between x and y −
> library(ggplot2) > ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+geom_point()
Creating a scatterplot between x and y with a vertical line showing a value −
> ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+geom_point()+geom_vline(aes(xintercept=0.5))+ + geom_text(aes(0,-1.5,label=0.5,hjust=-2))
- Related Articles
- How to create regression model line in a scatterplot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to add a horizontal line to the plot created by ggplot2 in R?
- How to display ID column values in a scatterplot created with ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a line chart using ggplot2 with a vertical line in R?
- How to add a citation in a plot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the border color of points in a scatterplot created with ggplot2 in R?
- How to represent the mean with vertical line in a histogram created by hist function in R?
- How to display R-squared value on scatterplot with regression model line in R?
- How to reverse the X-axis labels of scatterplot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a dotted vertical line using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a wide vertical line using ggplot2 with different color in R?
- How to display NA group values in scatterplot created with ggplot2 using color brewer in R?
- How to create a scatterplot with two legends using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a scatterplot with dark points using ggplot2 in R?
- How to add an extra point to scatterplot using ggplot2 in R?