- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Add a Blank Option to a Drop-Down List in Excel?
It's possible that you'll come across situations where you'll need to provide your users with the opportunity to choose a bank or empty value from a Data Validation drop-down list at some point. Because users need just tap the Delete or Backspace key on their keyboards to wipe away the cell value, this modification may be classified as a "nice-to-have." On the other hand, I've discovered that this very little improvement might help the user-experience run a little bit more smoothly. This is because the user can be uncertain as to whether or not they are permitted to have a blank value.
Let's take a look at the methods in which you may obtain that blank value added to the drop-down list for your Data Validation.
Add Blank Selection to an Excel Drop-Down List
I will include a blank option by referring to a cell that is now empty. Allow me to create a modified section for a user that includes the names of several banks. Now, I'll make a drop-down list to modify this list, along with the blank choices, so stay tuned for that.
In order to generate a new section correction list of bank, you will need to add a blank cell below the Select_Bank list that you want to utilize.
Select the cell or cells to which you will add the data validation list.
Then go to the "Data" menu and select "Data Validation".
You may build a data validation list based on an existing list by opening the "Data Validation" popup, and then selecting "List" from the "Allow drop-down list" in "validation criteria" section.
Select the "Source" box and add options for dropdown, then select the OK button. At this point, you should see that the choice on the data validation list is empty.
Click the arrow button to show the dropdown list.
Select an option from the drop-down list.
The selected bank name will be displayed in the cell.
In this tutorial, you learned how to add a blank option to a drop-down list in Excel. Follow the steps shown in this tutorial to practice and see how it works so that you will find it easy to use drop-down lists in Excel when you actually need it.
- Related Articles
- How to add color to a drop-down list in Excel?
- How to include an option in a drop-down list in HTML?
- How to define a drop-down list in HTML5?
- How to Auto-Display a Default Value while Deleting a Value in a Drop-Down List in Excel?
- How to select/get drop down option in Selenium 2?
- How to select a drop-down menu option value with Selenium (Python)?
- How to disable the drop-down list in HTML5?
- How to Add Up/Down Bars to a Line Chart in Excel?
- How to grey out cells based on another column or drop down list choice in excel?
- How to create a group of related options in a drop-down list using HTML
- How to add drop lines in an Excel line chart?
- Excel drop down list: create, edit, remove and more advanced operations
- How to get all options in a drop-down list by Selenium WebDriver using C#?
- How to get selected text from a drop-down list (select box) using jQuery?