- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How high can a plane fly?
In the present day fast-forward culture, everything should happen at jet speed. People do businesses across continents and Airplanes are a very convenient way to travel. But many people are not delighted to travel above 35,000 feet up in the air.
How High can a Plane Fly
Every airplane has a certified maximum altitude. The highest certified altitude of an airliner was Concorde's 60,000 feet. Many of the corporate jets can fly at 51,000 feet.
Regular passenger international flights fly between 35000 to 42000 feet. That is considered as optimum height. "Each individual aircraft has an optimum altitude (for minimum cost or minimum fuel burn) which will be based on its individual weight," explains Peter Terry, a commercial airline pilot of 30 years.
Why so High
It is an interesting fact, why do planes should go so high. One of the main reasons is, the air gets thinner with every foot of altitude. This helps the planes to travel more easily and move faster and of course results in burning less fuel and ultimately saving money.
Yes ... It is higher the better.
One more advantage of flying high also means that aircraft can avoid other airborne traffic, such as low flying aircraft and birds. So flying higher is safer.
There is less friction at higher altitudes, less friction, and higher airspeed causes engines to burn less fuel, therefore, it improves fuel efficiency allowing the airplane to travel further.
- How do birds fly?
- How does the rocket fly in the vacuum?
- How can we find subspace clusters from high-dimensional data?
- The ultrasound waves can penetrate into matter to a large extent because they have:(a) very high speed (b) very high frequency(c) very high wavelength(d) very high amplitude
- Can an image formed by a plane mirror be obtained on screen?
- Loud sound can travel a larger distance, due toa. Higher amplitude b. Higher energy c. High frequency d. High speed
- What is the difference between a Control Plane and a Data Plane?
- Why do birds fly in the sky?
- Can a myotropic eye see distant objects clearly by seeing a reflection in the plane mirror?
- What is a Plane Mirror?
- Reflection On A Plane Mirror
- If the image formed is always virtual, the mirror can be:(a) concave or convex (b) concave or plane (c) convex or plane (d) only convex
- How to pass dynamic values on the fly to CDS in SAP ABAP
- How to plot a high resolution graph in Matplotlib?