- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How Does Voice Biometrics Work in information security?
Voice biometrics is the science of using a person's voice as a uniquely identifying biological natures to authenticate them. Voice biometrics also enhance the user experience by eliminating frustration associated cumbersome login processes and lost and stolen credentials.
Voice biometrics, creates the person’s voice to test or identify the person. It confirms and recognizes the speaker. A microphone on a standard PC with software is required to test the unique traits of the person. It is generally used in telephonebased applications.
Voice verification is easy to use and does not require a big deal of user education. It can enroll the user speaks a provided pass procedure into a microphone or telephone handset. The system then forms a template based on multiple traits, such as pitch, tone, and architecture of larynx.
Frequently, the enrollment process takes less than a minute for the user to create. Voice verification is the least intrusive of some biometric techniques. Furthermore, voice verification is easy to use and does not require a high deal of user education.
Voice biometric authentication allows us to use the voice as a password rather than the manual password that can be simply forgotten or hacked because of compilation weakness. Voice authentication is a biometric technique that identifies a speaker by measuring the marked element in someone’s voice.
Advantage of Voice Biometrics
There are several advantage of voice biometrics which are as follows −
Call Center Authentication − It is not simple to prove the identity over the phone, but having a voice-based identification system in place can enable for powerful identification proof. In call centers, voice biometrics can improve fraud protection, enhance the user experience, cut down call time and cost, and keep the brand identity.
Hands-Free Interface − Voice biometrics in association with speech commands can allow interfacing with linked vehicles and devices while at the same time offering identification at biometric levels.
Protect Bank Account − Voice biometrics can be used with facial identification technology to serve as a more level of security in the phase of authentication for bank transactions.
Mobile Application Development − The software-oriented feature of voice biometrics creates it a secure technology to be used in the development of mobile applications for securing in-app payments or changing the smartphone into a biometric credential.
Improved Customer Experience − An advantage of voice biometric solutions is that they usually influence the potential to significantly enhance user experiences. With voice biometrics products, callers no longer required to give passcodes or PINs or provide answers to challenge questions to check their identity.
This makes the voice biometrics concept for several omni-channel and multichannel deployments, because a user is enrolled, the voiceprint can be leveraged across all of the company’s support channels.
- How does Information security work?
- How does Security Information Management Works in information security?
- How does Steganography works in Information Security?
- How does DES works in Information Security?
- How Does a Security Operations Center (SOC) Work?
- Biometrics and Biometric Data: Types and Security Tips
- Voice Biometric Technique in Network Security
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is information classification in information security?
- How to get information about mobile supports data and voice in android?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?