- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How does Steganography works in Information Security?
Steganography is the art and science of connecting which hides the presence of the communication. The purpose of steganography is to convey a message to a receiver in such a method that the very presence of the message is indistinguishable by a third party.
In the computer world, steganography means hiding secret messages in graphics, pictures, movie, or sound. At any cost, steganography secure from pirating copyrighted materials as well as aiding in unauthorized viewing.
The advantage of steganography is to connect fast in an absolutely imperceptible aspect and to prevent drawing suspicion to the communication of a hidden record.
Steganography hide the encrypted message or data, but it does not hide the information among the two communication parties. Hackers use steganography approach to corrupt files, conceal malicious payloads, etc.
Digital steganography is a famous technique for installing messages within a medium such as image, audio, or video and hiding it from unwanted eyes. While malicious hackers use this procedure to avoid security measures, they are not the only ones who need steganography approach.
In steganography, it plays an important act in information security. It is very beneficial for sending the information secretly from one point to another without letting anyone understand that the other or critical document has been sent. In organizations, data security has to be computed as it describe the organization’s reputation.
In some cases where the message has to be sent very privately, it can easily create the working very simply to transmit the information very securely. The real usage of Steganography can be view in the military of any country.
All the information they send from one method to another has to be much protected as their information are actually very critical. They leverage Steganography to secure the information in order to implement their operations very fast.
The aim of steganography is that it can be used to secretly share messages without the case of the transmission being found. By using encryption, it can recognize the sender and the receiver. Therefore, steganography has a double layer of protection such as first, the file itself is secret and second, and the data in it is encrypted.
In steganography, the possible cover carriers are legitimate viewing carriers (images, audio, video, text, or some other digitally typical code) which will influence the hidden information.
A message is the data secret and can be plaintext, cipher text, images, or something that can be installed into a bit stream.
Hiding information can require a stego key which is extra secret information, such as a password, required for embedding the data. For instance, when a confidential message is secret within a cover image, the subsequent product is a stego-image.
- How does Security Information Management Works in information security?
- How does DES works in Information Security?
- What are Steganography in information security?
- What is Text Steganography in Information Security?
- What is Image Steganography in Information Security?
- How does Information security work?
- What are the techniques of Text Steganography in Information Security?
- What are the methods of Image Steganography in Information Security?
- How Does Voice Biometrics Work in information security?
- What is the comparison between Steganography and Obfuscation in Information Security?
- What is the difference between Encryption and Steganography in Information Security?
- Sandbox Security: Definition, How It Works, Advantages
- How does jQuery event namespace works?
- How does the MD5 Algorithm works?