- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do I give focus to a python Tkinter text widget?
In various applications, tkinter widgets are required to be focused to make them active. Widgets can also grab focus and prevent the other events outside the bounds. To manage and give focus to a particular widget, we generally use the focus_set() method. It focuses the widget and makes them active until the termination of the program.
In the following example, we have created two widgets: an Entry widget and a text widget in the same window. By using the focus_set() method, we will activate the focus on the text widget.
#Import tkinter library from tkinter import * from PIL import Image,ImageTk #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() #Set the geometry win.geometry("750x250") #Create a Text WIdget text= Text(win, width= 30, height= 10) text.insert(INSERT, "Hello World!") #Activate the focus text.focus_set() text.pack() #Create an Entry Widget entry=Entry(win,width= 30) entry.pack() win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window that contains the focus on the text widget.
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to give Tkinter file dialog focus?
- How to remove focus from a Tkinter widget?
- Python Tkinter – How do I change the text size in a label widget?
- How to set focus for Tkinter widget?
- How do you check if a widget has a focus in Tkinter?
- Change the focus from one Text widget to another in Tkinter
- How to highlight text in a tkinter Text widget?
- Setting the focus to a specific Tkinter entry widget
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- Printing a list to a Tkinter Text widget
- How to erase everything from a Tkinter text widget?
- How to create hyperlink in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How do I get the background color of a Tkinter Canvas widget?
- Add advanced features to a tkinter Text widget