- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can these principles help protect customers from companies that collect personal client data?
One solution is for such companies to support consumers with several opt-out choices, enabling consumers to describe limitations on the use of their personal information, such as
The consumer’s personal data are not to be utilized at all for data mining.
The consumer’s data can be used for data mining, but the identity of each consumer or some data that can lead to the disclosure of a person’s identity should be deleted.
The data can be used for in-house mining only.
The data can be used in-house and externally as well.
Furthermore, companies can support consumers with positive consent, i.e., by enabling consumers to opt in on the secondary use of their data for data mining. Conceptually, consumers must be able to call a toll-free number or make a company website to opt in or out and request access to their personal records.
Counterterrorism is a new software area for data mining that is successful interest. Data mining for counterterrorism can be used to disclose unusual patterns, terrorist activities (such as bioterrorism), and fraudulent behavior.
This application area is in its infancy because it look several challenges. These contains developing algorithms for real-time mining, multimedia data mining (such as audio, video, and image mining, text mining) and in discovering unclassified data to check such applications.
While this new structure of data mining raises concerns about single privacy, it is essential to note that the data mining research is to produce a tool for the detection of abnormal designs or activities, and the need of such tools to access specific data to uncover terrorist patterns or actions is confined only to authorized security agents.
Some data security improving techniques have been developed to protect information. Databases can use a multilevel security model to define and restrict data as per multiple security levels, with users permitted approach to only their authorized level.
It has been viewed that users executing definite queries at their authorized security level can still infer more sensitive data, and that a same possibility can appear through data mining.
Encryption is another approaches in which single data items can be encoded. This can include blind signatures (which construct on public key encryption), biometric encryption (e.g., where the image of a person’s iris or fingerprint can encode this personal data), and anonymous databases (which allows the consolidation of several databases but limit access to personal data to only those who required to understand personal data is encrypted and saved at multiple locations).
- How mobile apps can help you reach more customers
- How data mining can help financial data analysis?
- MySQL Client Server-Side Help
- How You Can Protect Your Smart Home from Hackers?
- How to Protect Yourself from ATM Skimming?
- What are the foods that can help sleep well?
- How can you protect yourself against Web threats?
- How can we filter data with the help of MySQL subquery?
- How to recognize and protect yourself from Cybercrime?
- How to protect your financial information from hackers?
- Principles of Recursion in Data Structures
- What are the drinks that help recover from morning hangover?
- How You Can Remove GPS and Other Metadata from Photos to Protect Your Privacy?
- Personal database
- What can you use a personal drone for?