- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can I install or enable innoDB in MySQL?
In order to enable innoDB in MySQ, you need to work around my.ini file. However, in MySQL version 8, the default storage engine is innoDB. Check the same from my.ini file −
You can even set this at the time of table creation −
mysql> create table DemoTable ( StudentId int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, StudentFirstName varchar(100), StudentLastName varchar(100), StudentAge int ) ENGINE=InnoDB; Query OK, 0 rows affected (1.66 sec)
Let us now run a query to check the engine type of specific table −
mysql> select table_name,engine from information_schema.tables where table_name="DemoTable";
This will produce the following output −
+--------------+--------+ | TABLE_NAME | ENGINE | +--------------+--------+ | DemoTable | InnoDB | +--------------+--------+ 1 row in set (0.16 sec)
- How can I see global locks in MySQL (innodb)?
- How can I enable MySQL slow query log without restarting MySQL?
- How do I know if a MySQL table is using myISAM or InnoDB Engine?
- Can I use InnoDB and MyISAM tables in a single database in MySQL?
- How to Enable or Install Byobu for Terminal Management on Ubuntu 16.04
- How can I disable/enable GPS programmatically in android?
- MyISAM versus InnoDB in MySQL?
- How I can install unidecode python module on Linux?
- How should I enable LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in my.cnf in MySQL?
- How can we ENABLE AND DISABLE a particular MySQL event?
- How can I avoid too many OR statements in a MySQL query?
- How to convert MyISAM to InnoDB storage engine in MySQL?
- How can I know whether MySQL Server is alive or not?
- Is INNODB enabled by default in MySQL?
- While creating a MySQL table, how can I specify the storage engine of my choice rather than using the default storage engine InnoDB?