- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How are the same transactions entered in the passbook and cash book?
- On March 1st − Mr. T opened a current account with ABC Bank with balance of Rs.100000/-
- On March 4th − T paid to Mr. N of Rs.5000/- by cheque.
- On March 9th − T received an amount of Rs. 10000/- from Mr. U by cheque and deposited it in the bank.
- On March 11th − Withdraw amount of Rs.3500/- for office use.
- On March 12th − Paid rent of Rs.8000/- by cheque.
- On March 17th − Bank charges of Rs.350/- is debited.
- On March 23rd − Paid Rs.2500/- to Mr. G by cheque.
The transactions entered in cash book and pass book respectively are as follows −
Cash book (only bank column)
|4.3.2008||Mr. N A/c||5000|
|9.3.2008||Mr. U||10000||11.3.2008||Cash A/c||3500|
|23.3.2208||Mr. G A/c||2500|
- Related Articles
- How transactions are entered in a petty cash book?
- How to compare passbook and cash book?
- What are items in the cash book but not in the passbook and vice versa?
- How to prepare the Double column cash book?
- Compute the correct cash book balance
- What is difference between cash account and cash book?
- How to prepare columnar petty cash book?
- How to prepare a single column cash book?
- Explain double column cash book and its format
- How are the transactions recorded in respective journals?
- What is a single column cash book and explain its format?
- What is a triple column cash book and explain its format?
- How are contra entries done in the cash books?
- Give an example of a triple column cash book
- Difference between Debit Transactions and Credit Transactions