- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How are Instagram accounts hacked?
You can't argue that Instagram is a social media platform unlike any other; it is a social media platform entirely built around visual media rather than just text. Today with over a billion accounts, Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks. It is now a platform used by almost all businesses, artists and not to forget the influencers.
With all this being said, today, Instagram is one of the most looked out targets for cybercriminals, many accounts have been getting hacked, and it can be done in many ways. In this article, we will be discussing some of the ways that cybercriminals employ to hack an Instagram account.
People who pretend to be support agents will frequently contact you to assist you with issues they say have been reported on your devices. This is a method for gaining access to your devices and Instagram account, and it might be a malicious link that requires you to enter your credentials. Also, be wary of phishing emails that appear to be legitimate but are phishing traps.
Many internet accounts are hacked and hijacked due to users using simple passwords that are easy to remember or guess, making it easy for others to gain access. Using strong passwords to safeguard your account is one approach to avoid being worried about getting hacked. Using a password consisting of letters, numbers, and special characters in your password is one approach to make it more secure.
Malware can take numerous forms, but keyloggers for Instagram attacks are one of the most common ones used. Hackers can use keyloggers to record whatever you enter on your device's keyboard and send it to them. In other words, once the keylogger software is installed on your device, hackers have access to everything you type, including your password, account, and bank information.
Third-party app permissions are something to be careful of because if you grant a third-party app access to your account and it is subsequently hacked, your information may be stolen as well.
Vulnerabilities in Operating Systems
Various problems can be found in mobile operating systems. Hackers can access not just accounts but also Instagram directly, as we all know. They accomplish this by exploiting the most common flaws. If you want to stay safe from security flaws, keep your operating system up to date and avoid installing programs from unknown sites.
Some Instagram users have reported receiving a direct message about copyright infringement. This is an example of social engineering, in which hackers present a link to deceive you into passing over your login information.
In other cases, users are asked to submit personal information for what looks to be a reasonable cause but isn't—for example, claiming offering profile verification.
- Related Articles
- How to Prevent Twitter Accounts from being Hacked
- What are assets in accounts?
- What are the Top Essential Instagram Marketing Tools?
- How to prepare accounts receivable and accounts payable ledger postings?
- How to create Instagram Like button in ReactJS?
- How safe is it to have an Instagram account?
- How postings are made in ledger accounts with single column cash books?
- Describe Preparation accounts receivable and accounts payable ledger postings
- How to tell if your laptop camera is hacked?
- What are the Techniques for Monitoring of Accounts Receivables?
- How to automate instagram login page using java in selenium?
- How Can You Benefit from YouTube Trends and Instagram Reels?
- How Do Cybercriminals Steal Online Gaming Accounts?
- Can Ring home security be hacked?
- Can my home WiFi be hacked?