- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Global System for Mobile Communications
Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) is the most widely used digital mobile telephony system. GSM technology was first launched in Finland in 1991. It was developed by European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) to describe the protocols for 2G mobile communications.Presently, GSM comprises of approximately 90% of mobile connections worldwide.
Original 2G standard was a digital, circuit-switched, full duplex network.
GSM is part of the evolution of wireless mobile telecommunications including High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data (HSCSD), General Packet Radio Services (GPRS), Enhanced Data GSM Environment (EDGE), and Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (UMTS).
GSM operates at either 900 MHz or 1800 MHz frequency bands of the electromagnetic spectrum.It provides improved spectrum efficiency.
It uses a variation of time division multiple access (TDMA) for placing multiple calls simultaneously over the same channel.
It gives support for a number of new services like
- International roaming
- Compatibility with integrated services digital network (ISDN)
- Short message service (SMS)
- SIM phonebook management
- Fixed dialing number (FDN)
Digital technology assures high-quality voice communications and advanced encryption of voice and data signals that prevents eavesdropping.
- Mobile ip a complete solution for emerging communications
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
- The Mobile Telephone System
- Improved Mobile Telephone System
- Advanced Mobile Phone System
- Digital Advanced Mobile Phone System
- What is Decibel Representation for Wireless Communications?
- What is Global information system in information security?
- What are the Standard Organizations for Data Communications?
- Solutions for Decibel Representation Problem Sets of Wireless Communications
- Fiber Optic Communications
- Mobile Apps for the Month
- Power line communications (PLC)
- Real-Time Communications (RTC)
- What are the strategy of mobile database system in information security?