- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Getting every child widget of a Tkinter window
In order to get the information about the widgets, tkinter provides a set of methods that can be used to test the widgets in an application. In order to get the list of all the child widgets, we can use the winfo_children() method.
In this example, we have defined some widgets in a frame and by using the winfo_children() method, we will print the list containing the names of all the widgets.
#Import tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() #Set the geometry win.geometry("750x200") #Create a frame frame= Frame(win) #Create label, button widgets Label(frame, text= "Top Level Text", font= ('Helvetica 20 bold')).pack(pady=20) Button(frame, text= "Left").pack(side=LEFT) Button(frame, text= "Right").pack(side= RIGHT) Button(frame, text= "Center").pack(side= BOTTOM) frame.pack() #Print the List of all Child widget Information print(frame.winfo_children()) win.mainloop()
Executing the above code will display a window with a label and three buttons,
On the console, it will print the list of all the widgets defined in frame widget.
[<tkinter.Label object .!frame.!label>, <tkinter.Button object .!frame.!button>, <tkinter.Button object .!frame.!button2>, <tkinter.Button object .!frame.!button3>]
- Related Articles
- Getting the Cursor position in Tkinter Entry widget
- Resize the Tkinter Listbox widget when the window resizes
- How to create a child window and communicate with parents in Tkinter?
- Python Tkinter – How to position a topLevel() widget relative to the root window?
- Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to center a Tkinter widget?
- Notebook widget in Tkinter
- Get the text of a button widget in Tkinter
- How to make a Tkinter widget invisible?
- Progressbar widget in Python Tkinter
- Printing a list to a Tkinter Text widget
- How to clear the contents of a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to update the image of a Tkinter Label widget?
- How to remove focus from a Tkinter widget?
- Add advanced features to a tkinter Text widget