- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Get Started With Selenium and Python Automation
We can work on Selenium with Python bindings. To get started with Selenium and Python automation in Windows operating system, we need to follow the below steps −
Step 1 − Navigate to the link https://www.python.org/downloads/ to download Python.
Step 2 − Click on Download Python <version number>. Once it is done, the Python executable file should be downloaded in our system.
Step 3 − Python installation landing page is launched once the executable file is clicked. Click on the Install Now button.
Step 4 − Python gets downloaded in the below path −
Step 5 − We need to set the path of the Python and the Scripts folder (created inside the Python folder) in the Environment variables for Windows.
Step 6 − To verify, Python has been installed, run the command: python --version.
Step 7 − For the installation of the Selenium bindings, execute the command: pip install selenium.
Step 8 − A new folder named Selenium should get generated inside the Python folder. To update the current version of Selenium, execute the command: pip install –U selenium.
Step 9 − We should also have a Python editor - PyCharm to develop the Selenium scripts. This is available in the link − https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/.
- Related Articles
- Modern Web Automation With Python and Selenium
- Google Search Automation with Python Selenium
- What is the difference between selenium and automation?
- How do I get started with Node.js?
- How to Get Started with C++ Programming?
- How to Install and Get Started with Symfony 2 on Ubuntu
- How to Get Started with Resistance Band Workouts
- Python - Getting started with SymPy module
- Python Getting started with psycopg2-PostgreSQL
- Selenium Web Test Automation Framework Best Practices.
- Why use Selenium WebDriver for Web Automation?
- How to use Selenium WebDriver for Web Automation?
- Mouse and keyboard automation using Python?
- How to get text with selenium web driver in python?
- How to get selected option using Selenium WebDriver with Python?