- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fossil fuels are obtained from
(a) remains of non-living materials
(b) dead remains of birds only
(c) dead remains of insects only
(d) dead remains of living organisms
Correct Answer: (d) dead remains of living organisms
Explanation: Fossil fuels are obtained from the remains of living organisms (plants and animals) buried under the earth millions of years ago. Coal, petroleum and natural gas are fossil fuels.
- Related Articles
- Complete the crossword in figure with the help of the clues:Across1. Fuels obtained from dead remains of living organisms. (6
- The Cell Wall Is (A) Dead and Impermeable (B) Living and Freely Permeable (C) Dead and Freely Impermeable (D) Living and Semi-Permeable
- Is Virus is living or dead?
- (a) What are fossil fuels? Give three examples of fossil fuels.(b) Describe how fossil fuels were formed.(c) Explain how, sun is considered to be the ultimate source of fossil fuels.(d) Which fossil fuels were formed by the buried remains of small plants and animals?(e) Which fossil fuel formed by the buried remains of large land plants?
- Coal is formed from the remains of(a) vegetation only(b) animals only(c) both vegetation and animals(d) neither vegetation nor animals
- Choose the correct option. The total water(i) in the lakes and rivers of the world remains constant.(ii) under the ground remains constant.(iii) in the seas and oceans of the world remains constant.(iv) of the world remains constant.
- Which of the following are decomposers of dead organisms?BacteriaFungiViruses(a) noyesyes(b) yesnoyes(c) yesyesno(d) yesyesyes
- Fill in the blanks.(a) The slow process of conversion of dead vegetation into coal is called __________.(b) Coal and petroleum are formed from the dead remains of organisms and are known as __________.(c) The black thick liquid with __________ smell is known as coal tar.(d) During the processing of coal to get coke, coal tar and __________ are also obtained.(e) The process of separating the various constituents of petroleum is known as __________.(f) Excessive burning of fossil fuels is a major cause of __________.
- Name the conducting tissue in plants which made of (a) living cells, and (b) dead cells.
- The practical purpose of classification of living organisms is to(a) explain the origin of living organisms(b) trace the evolution of living organisms(c) name the living organisms(d) facilitate identification of living organisms
- Why a living person sinks and a dead person floats in water?
- Pain Remains After Passing Kidney Stones
- Why cells are present only in living organisms?
- What remains constant in uniform circular motion ?
- An ecosystem includes :all living organismsnon-living objectsboth living organisms and non-living objectsall living organisms and input of sun's energy