A step by step approach on how to build out flowcharts effectively.
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1.5 hours
Being able to map a process is something highly in demand in today’s world. If you’re an employee, your manager wants to see how much more value you can bring to your role – and being able to map out your key processes for a variety of purposes is one way you can do this. If you’re a business owner, it is crucial you know exactly what is going on in each and every process that makes up your organization. Flowcharts are a powerful tool that can do just that!
In this course, we will cover:
- The fundamentals of process mapping (What is process mapping, what is a flow chart, key icons etc.)
- A step-by-step breakdown of how to build a flowchart, with live demonstrations of each.
- Identifying what purpose the finished flowchart can have.
- How to identify value and waste using a flowchart.
- How to deliver process improvements using a flowchart.
- A case study example of how the instructor deployed flowcharts into an organization for the purpose of enabling the organization to see the end-to-end process.
Mapping flowcharts is relatively straightforward, but people often overcomplicate this task. This course takes a simple, beginner's guide, step-by-step approach to helping you understand exactly how to map a flowchart, for what purpose, and the potential effects of this.
Who this course is for:
- Team Leaders / Managers
- Business Professionals
- Project Managers
- Small business owners
- Organizational leaders
- Business Improvement professionals
What will you learn in this course:
How to map a flowchart
How to map a process
How to identify value and waste in a process
How to map a process solo or with a team
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:05 02:05
- What is the purpose of this course? 02:39 02:39
- Course Resources
Fundamentals of process mapping
The process to build a flowchart
Hi there, my name is Robert Chapman.
I have been working as a Business Improvement professional for many years now. In doing so, I have learned a number of key lessons about Business, People and Processes.
The work I have done has been to save organisations money (and I have saved organisations millions of dollars), make them and their teams more productive and efficient and future proof their operations. Specifically, I am an expert in:
- Lean Six Sigma.
- Root cause analysis.
- Process Improvement.
- Automation of processes.
- Business Case creation.
- Wider Business Improvement (such as cultural change, reporting and transition of work around the globe).
I shall be loading course content on Udemy around the topic of Business Improvement so please do check out the courses on offer.
I do love to hear from those of you that take my courses and am here to help wherever possible!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now