- iOS Tutorial
- iOS - Home
- iOS - Getting Started
- iOS - Environment Setup
- iOS - Objective-C Basics
- iOS - First iPhone Application
- iOS - Actions and Outlets
- iOS - Delegates
- iOS - UI Elements
- iOS - Accelerometer
- iOS - Universal Applications
- iOS - Camera Management
- iOS - Location Handling
- iOS - SQLite Database
- iOS - Sending Email
- iOS - Audio & Video
- iOS - File Handling
- iOS - Accessing Maps
- iOS - In-App Purchase
- iOS - iAd Integration
- iOS - GameKit
- iOS - Storyboards
- iOS - Auto Layouts
- iOS - Twitter & Facebook
- iOS - Memory Management
- iOS - Application Debugging
- iOS Useful Resources
- iOS - Quick Guide
- iOS - Useful Resources
- iOS - Discussion
Exact Radius and Size of iPhone App Icons
Every iPhone application needs some icons that are displayed when certain events occur, like when some new notification comes, or the icon for home screen or the icon that is displayed on spotlight.
All these icons have different size properties but apart from their size there are some common properties they have. Let’s see them first.
The icons should be in .png format
The icons should be flat and should not have transparency.
The images should be squared, without any round corners.
For any iOS device the icons size for app store is 1024px * 1024px
Other app icon sizes are usually bases on 1x, 2x and 3x sizes for every kind of icon. For example Spotlight’s 1x icon size is 40px, hence 2x and 3x are
Spotlight icon sizes: 40px * 40px 80px * 80 px 120px * 120 px Settings icon sizes: 29px * 29px 58px * 58px 87px * 87px Notification icon sizes: 20px * 20px 40px * 40px 60px * 60px App icon sizes: 60px * 60px 120px * 120px 180px * 120px
Recently with Retina displays coming in iOS 1x images are no longer required hence only 2x and 3x image are required along with the App icon.
Below is an image showing what images and sizes are required for an iOS app.
- Related Articles
- Set the size of the icons in HTML
- How to detect the screen size of iPhone 5?
- Where are the app cookies stored on the iPhone?
- Prevent iPhone from zooming in web-app with HTML \n
- How to launch any arbitrary iPhone application from within another app?
- Best CRMs for iPhone: Which iOs app has the features you need?
- How to create a Border, Border radius, and shadow to a UIView in iPhone/iOS?
- What are all the custom URL schemes supported by the Facebook iPhone app?
- How to get free size of internal/external memory in Android App?
- How to change spinner text size and text color in Android App using Kotlin?
- Free ! BBM for Android and iPhone
- How to get free size of internal/external memory in Android App using Kotlin?
- Add feedback icons for inputs with Bootstrap
- How to determine device type (iPhone, iPod Touch) with iPhone SDK?
- What are the specifications of iPhone 7?