- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'root'@'localhost'?
In the system, the root is defined by another name as well as password. Then the user is created as a root with the help of the create command. This will result in the ERROR 1396.
The query for this is given as follows −
mysql> create user 'root'@'localhost' identified by 'root123';
After executing the above query, the following error is obtained −
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'root'@'localhost'
The user can be created with another name and password successfully. This is given as follows −
mysql> create user 'John'@'localhost' identified by 'john123'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.14 sec)
Now, the user John has been created successfully with the given password.
- Solve ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation DROP USER failed for 'user'@'localhost' in MySql?
- Resolve error 1045 (28000) access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)?
- Fix: ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed in MySQL?
- Selenium WebDriver Error: AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'click'
- Resolve the MySQL error 'TYPE=MyISAM'?
- Python: Cannot understand why the error - cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' object ?
- MySQL query to select ENUM('M', 'F') as 'Male' or 'Female'?
- Update 'a' record with 'b' and 'b' with 'a' in a MySQL column (swap) with only 'a' and 'b' values?
- What is difference between '.' , '?' and '*' in Python regular expression?
- Replace '*' with '^' with Java Regular Expressions
- Kotlin 'when' statement vs Java 'switch'
- HTML5 geolocation 'permission denied' error in Mobile Safari