- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Dynamic Channel Allocation in computer network
When there are more than one user who desire to access a shared network channel, an algorithm is deployed for channel allocation among the competing users. Dynamic channel allocation encompasses the channel allocation schemes where channels are allotted to users dynamically as per their requirements, from a central pool.
In dynamic channel allocation schemes, frequency channels are not permanently allotted to any user. Channels are assigned to the user as needed depending upon the network environment. The available channels are kept in a queue or a spool. The allocation of the channels is temporary. Distribution of the channels to the contending users is based upon distribution of the users in the network and offered traffic load. The allocation is done so that transmission interference is minimized.
Dynamic Channel Allocation Schemes
The dynamic channel allocation schemes can be divided into three categories −
- Interference Adaptive Dynamic Channel Allocation (IA-DCA)
- Location Adaptive Dynamic Channel Allocation (LA-DCA)
- Traffic Adaptive Dynamic Channel Allocation (TA-DCA)
All these schemes evaluate the cost of using each available channel and allocates the channel with the optimum cost.
Dynamic channel allocation schemes allots channels as needed. This results in optimum utilization of network resources. There are less chances of denial of services and call blocking in case of voice transmission. These schemes adjust bandwidth allotment according to traffic volume, and so are particularly suitable for bursty traffic.
Dynamic channel allocation schemes increases the computational as well as storage load on the system.
- Static Channel Allocation in computer network
- What is channel allocation in computer network?
- What is a Dynamic channel allocation in computer networks?
- Assumptions for Dynamic Channel Allocation
- What is a static channel allocation in computer networks?
- Difference between Fixed Channel Allocations and Dynamic Channel Allocations.
- Network Allocation Vector (NAV)
- What is Dynamic Memory Allocation in C?
- Capacity of a channel in Computer Networks
- How to restrict dynamic allocation of objects in C++?
- Example program on Dynamic memory allocation in C language
- Explain dynamic memory allocation in C with an example
- Computer Network Components
- Example program on Dynamic memory allocation function in C language
- Repeaters in Computer Network.?