- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Dual Mode operations in OS in C++
Every system works on operations mainly in two modes to safeguard hardware’s computation. The two modes are −
- User Mode
- Kernel Mode
User Mode −
The OS mode in which all the user applications and programs will run. Here, the user instructions are worked on and softwares like playing music is run.
Kernel Mode −
The OS mode in which the hardware loads and its computations are performed. Only privileged instructions are allowed to run in kernel mode. Some common privileged instructions are −
- Input-Output Management
- Switching modes between user mode and kernel mode.
- Interrupt management
Dual Mode in OS is the switching of modes between the two modes and switching of mode by the OS for computation of process by system. Dual Mode is responsible for the management of processes and avoiding any system crashes.
- Dual-Mode and Multi-Mode Operation in Operating System
- Differentiate between process switch and mode switch in OS
- Dual Priority Queues
- Supervisor Mode (Privileged Mode)
- Does Akshay Kumar have dual citizenship?
- Python – Dual Tuple Alternate summation
- Difference between Network OS and Distributed OS
- What is dual aspect concept in accounting & finance?
- User Mode vs Kernel Mode
- OS Path module in Python
- Solaris OS Structure
- Strict Mode in ReactJS
- What are the differences between Client OS and Server OS?
- Intel 8212 in mode 0
- Intel 8212 in mode 1