- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Display MySQL Database, Table, and Column Information
The mysqlshow client can be used to see what databases exist, their tables, or a table's columns or indexes.It provides a command-line interface for several SQL SHOW statements.
The mysqlshow utility can be invoked as shown below −
shell> mysqlshow [options] [db_name [tbl_name [col_name]]]
If no database is provided, a list of database names are displayed.
If no table is given, all matching tables in the database are displayed.
If no column is provided, all matching columns and column types in the table are shown.
The output displays the names of only those databases, tables, or columns for which the user has certain privileges.
mysqlshow supports the below options. These can be specified on the command line or in the [mysqlshow] and [client] groups of an option file.
If a computer has multiple network interfaces, this option can be used to select which interface has to be used to connect to the MySQL server.
It is the directory where character sets are installed.
It compresses all information that is sent between the client and the server if possible.
It will show the number of rows per table. This can be slow for non-MyISAM tables.
--port=port_num, -P port_num
It is for TCP/IP connections, it tells about the port number to use.
It prints the program name and all options that it gets from option files.
--user=user_name, -u user_name
It is the user name of the MySQL account that is used to connect to the server.
It is the verbose mode. It prints more information about what the program does. This option can be used multiple times to increase the amount of information.
It displays the version information and exits.
- What information does SHOW TABLE DOES display in MySQL
- Are MySQL database and table names case-sensitive?
- Retrieving MySQL Database structure information from Java?
- Creating column table in SAP HANA database
- Differentiating between row and column store table in SAP HANA database
- Update a table in MySQL and display only the initials name in a new column
- Find duplicate column values in MySQL and display them
- Select some data from a database table and insert into another table in the same database with MySQL
- Display MySQL table values using Java
- How to display the column names from a table excluding some in MySQL?
- Display distinct column name in MySQL
- How do I see what character set a MySQL database / table / column is?
- Select rows from a MySQL table and display using IN()
- How to alter the database engine of a MySQL database table?
- Display random row from a MySQL table